Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:02 pm 

Blind woman left stranded because of dog

A Taxi driver who allegedly threw a blind woman out of his cab because her guide dog shed hairs has received a warning from Rotherham Council. Licensing bosses heard both sides of the story at a meeting before deciding not to suspend from duty A1 cabbie Martyn Walker.

The blind customer alleged that she was left standing in the middle of a roadway when the taxi driver threw her out because of her dog. The woman said she had to be rescued by Asda staff who saw her stranded in a roadway at their Rotherham supermarket in Dalton.

She only realised she had been left in the car park road when another car tooted its horn at her, she claimed. Mr Walker claimed the guide dog shook itself and filled his cab with hairs. Mr Walker then asked the woman to get out and wait for another cab, which he called. He then drove off to get his cab cleaned and claims he could not use it for the rest of the day because of the mess.

But the passenger complained about Mr Walker's actions. By contract he is obliged to carry guide dogs and can be fined or suspended for refusing to carry them. A Rotherham Council spokeswoman said: "The taxi driver involved in the guide dog incident was given a warning for his customer service skills."

A1 Taxis, based in Rotherham town centre, were unhappy about the outcome. A spokesman today told The Star: "Why should he have a warning because as far as we are concerned he did nothing wrong. This was a misunderstanding and the dog was out of control."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:37 pm 

Once again there is thee sides to this story; I would imagine it goes something like this.

The council receive a complaint from the Blind woman. They then inform the taxi driver with the view to give him every opportunity to incriminate himself by asking him to answer the complaint in the first place while denying him the opportunity to remain silent. The Council not satisfied with his answer send him a letter informing him to attend a meeting where they may or may not suspend his licence. He then sits before the butcher the baker and the candlestick maker drinking cups of tea and pushing round the gipsy creams while pontificating over his livelihood. The taxi driver perplexed with the fear of losing his licence kisses every councillor on the arse to save himself from a suspension. Then in a magnanimous gesture the councillors decide to issue him with a warning while in the meantime patting them selves on the back for a job well done.

There is no doubt in this instance that the driver is complete cad, he probably has a history of throwing blind people with smelly hairy dogs out of his taxi. Then having done so looking forward to losing an afternoons earning cleaning up the mess. It must be obvious to all that he is not a “fit and proper person” to hold a taxi licence.

A warning was too good for him considering the intent behind what he did. I don’t doubt for a minute that he sits up all night plotting and scheming to find his next victim. He must have thought all his birthdays had come at once when he clapped his eyes on this blind woman with a white stick in one hand and smelly dog in the other.

:badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:49 pm 

Skull wrote:
Once again there is thee sides to this story; I would imagine it goes something like this.

The council receive a complaint from the Blind woman. They then inform the taxi driver with the view to give him every opportunity to incriminate himself by asking him to answer the complaint in the first place while denying him the opportunity to remain silent. The Council not satisfied with his answer send him a letter informing him to attend a meeting where they may or may not suspend his licence. He then sits before the butcher the baker and the candlestick maker drinking cups of tea and pushing round the gipsy creams while pontificating over his livelihood. The taxi driver perplexed with the fear of losing his licence kisses every councillor on the arse to save himself from a suspension. Then in a magnanimous gesture the councillors decide to issue him with a warning while in the meantime patting them selves on the back for a job well done.

There is no doubt in this instance that the driver is complete cad, he probably has a history of throwing blind people with smelly hairy dogs out of his taxi. Then having done so looking forward to losing an afternoons earning cleaning up the mess. It must be obvious to all that he is not a “fit and proper person” to hold a taxi licence.

A warning was too good for him considering the intent behind what he did. I don’t doubt for a minute that he sits up all night plotting and scheming to find his next victim. He must have thought all his birthdays had come at once when he clapped his eyes on this blind woman with a white stick in one hand and smelly dog in the other.

At least she was not in a wheelchair and would have been safe from you.

The Real GarryT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:46 pm 

I don’t do wheelchairs brain cell, I think you got your attempt at an insult the wrong way round.

The ones in wheelchairs are as safe as houses. There is no chance of me decapitating anyone by putting them into an unsuitable vehicle where the driver is not insured to do the job.

Your rants are getting worse, I am sure you are struggling to hold it together you see that’s what happens when you have a lot to lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:47 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:10 am 

Sussex, maybe you should call this a shaggy dog story? :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:11 am 

Skull wrote:

Now that's an idea. :roll:

As for the story, well I think any driver that dumps an old dear anywhere is a big fool at best, and as for dumping one that can't see, can only be descibed as a [edited by admin].

But maybe it's a lesson to us all in that all actions have consequences. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:33 am 

Sussex wrote:
Skull wrote:

As for the story, well I think any driver that dumps an old dear anywhere is a big fool at best, and as for dumping one that can't see, can only be descibed as a [edited by admin].

But maybe it's a lesson to us all in that all actions have consequences. :shock:

I find it hard to believe that the driver would just abandon the woman in the middle of a roadway. If she had witnesses to this event I am sure they would have been more than happy to back up here story under the circumstances. This being the case I would imagined that the regulatory committee would have used the opportunity to suspend the driver as an example to us all while jumping on the moral high ground.

This whole story smacks of bullshit but shows what can happen when you are up against a member of the public with a vivid imagination and no way to prove your innocence. You have two choices, one give the council the middle finger or throw yourself at their mercy. The system they use is not designed to give you a fair and proper hearing. The minute you answer a complaint you make it real, it should be your word against theirs, case closed. Without any evidential fact the whole story amounts to accusation and innuendo.

When reading a story like this everyone immediately jumps on the moral high ground, the truth is we use this ground only when we can afford it and when it suits us. My experience of life is that the moral argument is used when someone is getting the [edited by admin] kicked out of them for all the right reasons, only they don’t get the opportunity to tell their side of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:14 pm 

Skull wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Skull wrote:

I find it hard to believe that the driver would just abandon the woman in the middle of a roadway. If she had witnesses to this event I am sure they would have been more than happy to back up here story under the circumstances. This being the case I would imagined that the regulatory committee would have used the opportunity to suspend the driver as an example to us all while jumping on the moral high ground.

This whole story smacks of bullshit but shows what can happen when you are up against a member of the public with a vivid imagination and no way to prove your innocence. You have two choices, one give the council the middle finger or throw yourself at their mercy. The system they use is not designed to give you a fair and proper hearing. The minute you answer a complaint you make it real, it should be your word against theirs, case closed. Without any evidential fact the whole story amounts to accusation and innuendo.

When reading a story like this everyone immediately jumps on the moral high ground, the truth is we use this ground only when we can afford it and when it suits us. My experience of life is that the moral argument is used when someone is getting the s**t kicked out of them for all the right reasons, only they don’t get the opportunity to tell their side of the story.

Of course Skull you would never do such a thing, now, why were you thrown out of "comcab"? Yes gentlemen this fine upstanding cabby was not only convicted of violence but got himself thrown out of a radio circuit for his treatment of a disabled person, so he is a fine one to comment on this particular subject.

The Real GarryT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:10 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Skull wrote:

When reading a story like this everyone immediately jumps on the moral high ground, the truth is we use this ground only when we can afford it and when it suits us. My experience of life is that the moral argument is used when someone is getting the s**t kicked out of them for all the right reasons, only they don’t get the opportunity to tell their side of the story.

Of course Skull you would never do such a thing, now, why were you thrown out of "comcab"? Yes gentlemen this fine upstanding cabby was not only convicted of violence but got himself thrown out of a radio circuit for his treatment of a disabled person, so he is a fine one to comment on this particular subject.

The Real GarryT.

Bullshit!

I asked ComCab Edinburgh to take responsibility for any job they despatched me concerning the carriage of any disabled person in a wheelchair as I was not insured for any injury to myself or any damage to my vehicle.

Needless to say they declined but put pressure on the taxi owner to get another driver. This is one of the reasons why I have no allegiance to weak pathetic pricks like realcabforce.

:twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:54 am 

Skull wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Skull wrote:

The Real GarryT.

Bullshit!

I asked ComCab Edinburgh to take responsibility for any job they despatched me concerning the carriage of any disabled person in a wheelchair as I was not insured for any injury to myself or any damage to my vehicle.

Needless to say they declined but put pressure on the taxi owner to get another driver. This is one of the reasons why I have no allegiance to weak pathetic pricks like realcabforce.

Yeah, we know, everyone has got it wrong but you!! It's an interesting spin you put on your wrongdoing, time will tell if "comcab", "cabforce" the "council" and everyone else is wrong about you being a troublemaking violent scavenger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:14 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Yeah, we know, everyone has got it wrong but you!! It's an interesting spin you put on your wrongdoing, time will tell if "comcab", "cabforce" the "council" and everyone else is wrong about you being a troublemaking violent scavenger.

If everyone who has fallen out with a firm was classed as a bad'un, then there wouldn't be too many of us good'ens. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:40 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Skull wrote:

The Real GarryT.

Bullshit!

No spin simple fact. Me a trouble maker, never, you don’t say took you a long time to work that out. Isn’t that what they always say about people who tell the truth?

I am sure some of the guys on TDO get called similar things by numptys like you. Away back up to mummy son, it’s embarrassing,

No wonder you won’t tell us your name, I wouldn’t either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:28 pm 

Skull wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Skull wrote:

The Real GarryT.

Bullshit!

No spin simple fact. Me a trouble maker, never, you don’t say took you a long time to work that out. Isn’t that what they always say about people who tell the truth?

I am sure some of the guys on TDO get called similar things by numptys like you. Away back up to mummy son, it’s embarrassing,

No wonder you won’t tell us your name, I wouldn’t either.

WEAK :D , The simple fact remains, you got booted because you were unable to perform the simplest and easiest task modern day cabbies perform on the pretext that its against your principles, "bone idle" springs to mind and "low life" when it comes to covering things up. Even the cabbie you attacked reckons you punch like a "bitch".

The Real GarryT.