Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:27 am 

TfL high court Uber action delayed after Taxi trade issues summonses

taxi_lampA decision by the capital’s taxi trade to start legal action against drivers working for mini cab firm Uber has derailed Transport for London’s efforts to obtain a high court ruling on the legality of the service.

The Google-backed Uber car service uses smartphone apps and GPS technology to calculate the fares passengers must pay.

London’s black cab trade says the use of such technologies breaches laws forbidding minicabs from fitting taximeters in their vehicles.

TfL, which regulates both Taxis and minicabs, says the apps are legal but last month asked the High Court to make a final ruling because some aspects of the law are “unclear”.

However TfL’s board was today told that the issuing of summonses by the London Taxi Drivers Association will prevent the court from considering the issue as it cannot intervention where litigation is underway.

Leon Daniels, Managing Director of Surface Transport, told the board that the summonses would be heard by magistrates whose rulings aren’t binding and would almost certainly be appealed.

Although it was likely those appeals would eventually end up in the high court, Daniels said it would take “some considerable time” for this to happen.

source: http://www.mayorwatch.co.uk/tfl-high-co ... summonses/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:51 pm 

Oh there are some right clever c***s running the London Black Cab trade.

#-o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:14 pm 

Que Great Big Clown :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:49 pm 

Sussex wrote:

#-o

INDEED 8)

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:44 pm 

We've got a few million to spend on showing how inept Tfl are, how we spend our money is up to us.

Meanwhile out in county mounty land you continue to be inundated with instant licenses, extortionate radio circuit fees and a 3 hour wait on the ranks.

I'll stick to our clever c@nts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:46 pm 

andycable wrote:
Que Great Big Clown :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Aye.

Enjoy your 7 shifts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:51 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
Sussex wrote:

#-o

INDEED 8)

Perhaps we should take a leaf out of the London minicab trade representative bodies?

12 hours, 7 days a week, no English, a sat nav and a vauxhall Astra?

That's some deal, how can I break into the London ph market ??? :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:33 am 

Its a bloody get out clause, so TFL now don't have to use their money to go through the courts, the best thing to do is bring London to a standstill every day until TFL take action

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:22 am 

skippy41 wrote:
Its a bloody get out clause, so TFL now don't have to use their money to go through the courts, the best thing to do is bring London to a standstill every day until TFL take action

London does come to a stand still everyday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:23 pm 

GBC wrote:
We've got a few million to spend on showing how inept Tfl are, how we spend our money is up to us.

Meanwhile out in county mounty land you continue to be inundated with instant licenses, extortionate radio circuit fees and a 3 hour wait on the ranks.

You are welcome to do what you like with your money, I couldn't care less.

But your brainless leadership have delayed matters possibly by several years. Does that make you feel better?

And not only brainless your mob are also gutless.

Rather than allow TfL go to the high court to see if Uber's business model is legal, your mob wants to criminalise a few licensed driver trying to earn a living.

Does that make you feel brave?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:15 pm 

http://www.thechauffeur.com/chauffeur-a ... 8-27342601

Looks like Uber are ok for the time being (apart from the one driver being found uninsured).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:17 pm 

christopherwk wrote:
http://www.thechauffeur.com/chauffeur-app-booking-company-uber-discussed-in-urgent-tfl-meeting/?utm_source=TheChauffeur.com+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e2a7991c18-TheChauffeur_Newsletter_4.7.2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_75402e7686-e2a7991c18-27342601

Looks like Uber are ok for the time being (apart from the one driver being found uninsured).

And so TfL should look at the records, and if one job was covered by an uninsured vehicle then action should be taken. No one, I suspect even Uber have a problem with that.

My problem is that licensed drivers in licensed vehicle are being ganged up on by the big cowards of the LTDA. Despite TfL requesting legal opinion from the High Court.

If these licensed drivers in licensed vehicles were touting outside some west end night club then maybe I would have sympathy for those wanting prosecutions, but they weren't, they were merely sitting in their licensed vehicles waiting for a job via their phone.

And along come the cowards from the LTDA with all their money, and make their life a misery.

I'm not a fan of the LC proposals, but should they come in at least it will affect the LTDA cowards more than me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:10 pm 

Sussex wrote:
GBC wrote:

You are welcome to do what you like with your money, I couldn't care less.

But your brainless leadership have delayed matters possibly by several years. Does that make you feel better?

And not only brainless your mob are also gutless.

Rather than allow TfL go to the high court to see if Uber's business model is legal, your mob wants to criminalise a few licensed driver trying to earn a living.

Does that make you feel brave?

Don't worry about it, it's a London issue, nothing to do with you.

And you can lay of the crocodile tears over the uber drivers, they're being backed and represented by an American billionaire and the best money can buy. Besides, how can you criminalise them if they've done nothing wrong? They haven't done anything wrong have they? :roll:

If you think TFLs inept lawyers will make any progress you're sadly mistaken, their case won't be looking for any fault from the outset, so we'll take action ourselves. The high court action will continue, albeit delayed. Nov was hardly next week anyway.

That's the beauty of having a taxi representative group with 10000 members, lawyers and the will to do something, whilst around the country they spent their time forelock tugging and pay lip service to the local licensing officers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:13 pm 

Perhaps you could approach them with a view to starting @uberBhtn ?

Only 20% !

Sat navs supplied.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:39 pm 

skippy41 wrote:

EXACTLY.....................................BOT OF COURSE THAY AINT GOT THE BOTTLE.......................IE COMMITMENT DETERMINATION..............COURAGE :-"

Me i reckon PH Drivers should lap Uber it up it frees them form COWBOYS UNLIMITED........................represented by the LPHCA :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE