Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45465
Location: 1066 Country
Checks find taxis 'unroadworthy'

More than half the taxis on Blackpool's roads were classed as unroadworthy in a crackdown by Lancashire Police.

Police and council licensing officials carried out spot checks on 29 taxis - both hackney carriages and private hire vehicles - as part of the crackdown.

During the inspections, 18 were deemed to be so unroadworthy that they were immediately taken off the road.

Problems included faults with the brakes, suspensions, engine leaks and lighting and seatbelt problems.

Ten other vehicles were issued with notices to have minor repair work undertaken.

Police are warning revellers to be alert to the danger of taxis that should not be on the road.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45465
Location: 1066 Country
Sussex wrote:
Problems included faults with the brakes, suspensions, engine leaks and lighting and seatbelt problems.

See I just can't work out why they don't have any money to fund such luxuries as these. :-k

How much are their plates again? Oh yeah, £45,000. :shock:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4108
Location: Lincoln
Sussex wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Problems included faults with the brakes, suspensions, engine leaks and lighting and seatbelt problems.

See I just can't work out why they don't have any money to fund such luxuries as these. :-k

How much are their plates again? Oh yeah, £45,000. :shock:


See I get irritated by people who don't read the press report properly.
Go back to the bit where it says "[b]BOTH HACKNEY AND PH>
So how much is a PH plate in Blackpool.
If you read the article, it could concievably mean that the stop notices were issued to PH only.
Geez Sussex, you should be a journo... never let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh?

Your fixation with plate "values" is charming, but irrational.[/b]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:21 pm
Posts: 113
Location: Guess????????
How is it you hear all these story's of taxi's been taken off the road, as the are in such a bad state they are dangerous but you very rarely hear of accidents caused by dangerous taxi's. Could it be the police or who ever do the checks go a little over the top to justify their overtime in doing the road side stops.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45465
Location: 1066 Country
jimbo wrote:
If you read the article, it could concievably mean that the stop notices were issued to PH only.

Well I would hope those doing the checks know the difference between a big black pile of s***, and a Skoda/Mondeo/etc.

But anyone who has been to Blackpool in the last few years is only too aware that the state of most of the black cabs is an utter disgrace.

So my point stands i.e. too much money is spent on the plate, and next to nothing on the rest of the motor. :wink:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4108
Location: Lincoln
Sussex wrote:
jimbo wrote:
If you read the article, it could concievably mean that the stop notices were issued to PH only.

Well I would hope those doing the checks know the difference between a big black pile of s***, and a Skoda/Mondeo/etc.

But anyone who has been to Blackpool in the last few years is only too aware that the state of most of the black cabs is an utter disgrace.

So my point stands i.e. too much money is spent on the plate, and next to nothing on the rest of the motor. :wink:


So how much is a PH plate in Blackpool?

What was the ratio of PH/ Hack issued with stop notices?

You give the black cabs three stars, I note. :roll:

So they can't be that bad :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 305
Location: London LPH
There was a time when minicabs were put to shame against the standards that the black cab boys met, now it's the other way around.

Just go to the 'flyer' and see the quality of the LPH, and compare them to the sheds being driven by members of the LTDA. :wink:

Ollie

_________________
Happy to be legit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 8998
Location: London
Ollie wrote:
Just go to the 'flyer' and see the quality of the Non English speaking minicab drivers, who smell slightly, and generaly rip customers off.
Then compare them to the smart, knowledgeable London Taxi drivers who are members of the LTDA. :wink:

Ollie



Got to agree with that one Mr Clown. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 8998
Location: London
Ollie wrote:
Just go to the 'flyer' and see the quality of the LPH



Would that be the touts inside the terminal?

Or the Minicabs parked in the NCP car park, because your clown from Stanmore once again failed in securing you a holding area?

Drink up and Brewerys spring to mind once again.

Honk Honk. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4108
Location: Lincoln
Sussex wrote:
Checks find taxis 'unroadworthy'

More than half the taxis on Blackpool's roads were classed as unroadworthy in a crackdown by Lancashire Police.

Police and council licensing officials carried out spot checks on 29 taxis - both hackney carriages and private hire vehicles - as part of the crackdown.

During the inspections, 18 were deemed to be so unroadworthy that they were immediately taken off the road.

Problems included faults with the brakes, suspensions, engine leaks and lighting and seatbelt problems.

Ten other vehicles were issued with notices to have minor repair work undertaken.

Police are warning revellers to be alert to the danger of taxis that should not be on the road.


Do some digging on this one and you come up with interesting answers.

256 hacks./500 ph, in Blackpool. So Sussex, of the 18 stop notices, what was the ratio of Hack to PH? Don't know? didn't think so. So find out.
The answer might just surprise you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45465
Location: 1066 Country
jimbo wrote:
Do some digging on this one and you come up with interesting answers.

256 hacks./500 ph, in Blackpool. So Sussex, of the 18 stop notices, what was the ratio of Hack to PH? Don't know? didn't think so. So find out.
The answer might just surprise you.

But then again it might not.

My eyes did not lie when I saw, and I rode in, the piles of s*** with Blackpool Hackney Carriage plates on the back.

As for the PH, well they looked just fine to me. :wink:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4108
Location: Lincoln
Sussex wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Do some digging on this one and you come up with interesting answers.

256 hacks./500 ph, in Blackpool. So Sussex, of the 18 stop notices, what was the ratio of Hack to PH? Don't know? didn't think so. So find out.
The answer might just surprise you.

But then again it might not.

My eyes did not lie when I saw, and I rode in, the piles of s*** with Blackpool Hackney Carriage plates on the back.

As for the PH, well they looked just fine to me. :wink:


Well they would, wouldn't they?

QUOTE:

"Although a premium is a clear indicator of higher than "market" profits, it is not necessarily an indicator of significant unmet demand"

Taken from the Halcrow report on Blackpool January 2005.

I bow to their superior knowledge.

And what were you doing in the back of a Blackpool cab if they are so S***Y? Couldn't you flag down a PH? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45465
Location: 1066 Country
jimbo wrote:
"Although a premium is a clear indicator of higher than "market" profits, it is not necessarily an indicator of significant unmet demand"

Taken from the Halcrow report on Blackpool January 2005.

And the Nottingham SUD survey, and another one I read recently from Halcrow said it was evidence of SUD.

In other words SUD surveys say what the council wants. Sort of piper and payer situation. :?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4108
Location: Lincoln
Sussex wrote:
jimbo wrote:
"Although a premium is a clear indicator of higher than "market" profits, it is not necessarily an indicator of significant unmet demand"

Taken from the Halcrow report on Blackpool January 2005.

And the Nottingham SUD survey, and another one I read recently from Halcrow said it was evidence of SUD.

In other words SUD surveys say what the council wants. Sort of piper and payer situation. :?


Questions: What benefit do you think there is there for a council in colluding with plate holders in limiting or capping licenses. :?: :?:

Stops on PH/ Hacks in Blackpool. What was the ratio :?:

Why did you hire an "S***" Cab, when you could have called a PH :?:

Who asked for the Taxi safety checks :?:

Why are your answers always evasive, Mr. Sussex :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45465
Location: 1066 Country
jimbo wrote:
Questions: What benefit do you think there is there for a council in colluding with plate holders in limiting or capping licenses. :?: :?:

I tell you what, e-mail the 105 that presently restrict and ask them why they do.

Because you might get a better answer than the p*** poor justifications that I have seen. :wink:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 50 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group