Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:01 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Stops on PH/ Hacks in Blackpool. What was the ratio :?:

Give these guys a ring and find out yourself.

http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/faqs/showle ... vel2id=171

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:03 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Why did you hire an "S***" Cab, when you could have called a PH :?:

Because I was not a local and didn't know any phone numbers. Why else would I have used them? :?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:03 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Who asked for the Taxi safety checks :?:

http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/faqs/showle ... vel2id=171

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:04 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Why are your answers always evasive, Mr. Sussex :?:

Becuase you don't get the answers that you want, doesn't mean I'm being evasive. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:48 pm 

jimbo wrote:

Questions: What benefit do you think there is there for a council in colluding with plate holders in limiting or capping licenses.
Most of the multi plate holders are adept at manipulating councils , they are ussually well organised, often with deep pockets very often useing legal recourse, at the drop of a hat . Even dominating joint trade groups , hoping if they keep spouting the same crap about rank space , mass bancrupcy , and all the rest of the rubish . No one will notice how , unjust and corupt they are . There is no benefit for the poor driver, or the public only the greedy grasping ars..H...... Who as Blackpool has shown us turns a place that should have the best cabs, richest drivers . In to a third world dump . STREETCAR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:28 pm 

I must make an apology , i have heard from the man who knows , that in fact there are no multi plate holders in Blackpool . So i am affraid to say i can not put, the dredful state of Blackpool taxis at the feet of fleet owners, pity because i blame them for everything else . It must be that the owner drivers are so skint . The council are so short sighted they dont realise, the image of a run down dump, is putting people off going to Blackpool. streetcar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:51 pm 

streetcar wrote:
It must be that the owner drivers are so skint .

Of course when you have to pay up to £50,000 for a piece of plastic on the back, it doesn't leave a lot for the thing it attaches to. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:09 pm 

Sussex are you are telling me that a plate in Blackpool is 50,000 pounds . The man that knows, says when the lights go out Blackpool is compleatly dead for six months , 50,000 its not possible . Does this not prove conclusively, that plate values, drag the taxi trade in to the junk yard .Streetcar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:35 pm 

streetcar wrote:
Sussex are you are telling me that a plate in Blackpool is 50,000 pounds .

JD's list says £45,000, and as he is a rarity in this trade as he actually checks his facts, I don't doubt that for a mo. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:37 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Problems included faults with the brakes, suspensions, engine leaks and lighting and seatbelt problems.

See I just can't work out why they don't have any money to fund such luxuries as these. :-k

How much are their plates again? Oh yeah, £45,000. :shock:

See, I just can't work out why stop notices were issued on Hartlepool Hackney carriages recently.

Oh Yeah, De-limited, and lowest fares in the country, zero plate value.
Why oh why can they not afford to fund such luxuries as brakes, etc?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:46 pm 

jimbo wrote:
See, I just can't work out why stop notices were issued on Hartlepool Hackney carriages recently.

Quite simple really, they have a s*** LO that lets drivers get away with it. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:51 pm 

Sussex wrote:
jimbo wrote:

Quite simple really, they have a s*** LO that lets drivers get away with it. :shock:

The point is,Hartlepool are de-restricted, have the lowest fares, sounds like the kind of place dear to your heart sussex. With no plate premium how come they cannot maintain their Cabs?

NO, you can't have it both ways. eusasmiles.zip

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:56 pm 

jimbo wrote:
The point is,Hartlepool are de-restricted, have the lowest fares, sounds like the kind of place dear to your heart sussex. With no plate premium how come they cannot maintain their Cabs?

The only reason they have poor standards of vehicle is because the council allow them to have poor standards of vehicle.

I'm all for good standards of vehicle and driver, and both should be the norm. However if a council allows poor standards that has nothing to do with quotas, but everything to do with p*** poor enforcement. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:00 pm 

Sussex wrote:
jimbo wrote:

The only reason they have poor standards of vehicle is because the council allow them to have poor standards of vehicle.

I'm all for good standards of vehicle and driver, and both should be the norm. However if a council allows poor standards that has nothing to do with quotas, but everything to do with p*** poor enforcement. :wink:

And nothing to do with plate values then? So Blackpool's plate values are irrelevant, if the lack of a plate value in Hartlepool is? Or are all coastal town Taxi's, in your word, "S***"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:06 pm 

See, if there is one thing on this site that boils my urine, it's the way plate values are made to be such a big deal. The list of plate values publishes only the sensational, megabuck cities. I bet there are hundreds of parishes like mine, that have never had high plate values, or values have been non existent. Go on TDO, put Lincoln on your list. last plate here changed hands for £3,500 (including cab!) three months ago. :-|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next