Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 8998
Location: London
Sussex wrote:
I think that has to be welcomed by both HC and PH.

If 10,000 pieces of s*** are no longer in this trade, and 2,500 well maintained vehicles have joined then that's a cause for celebration. \:D/

But surely the licensing of mini cabs has been a success, if only for getting rid of the 10,000 iffy mushes. =D>


I've never maintained every Minicab or minicab driver are bad.

I'm well aware there are many decent, conviction free, english speaking, drivers in the London Minicab trade.

But, as you will have read in my latest post, (news) many of them whilst having a licensed premises are still using clapped out uninsured vehicles, being driven by, i would hazard a guess, unlicensed drivers. :-|

And, whilst up here on the box, if the Minicab trade is so rewarding and work is plentiful, why did I witness at least 30 - 40 cars with TFL License discs on them, openly touting around the west end tonight?

Its only Wednesday! :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 305
Location: London LPH
greenbadgecabby wrote:
We don't have to highlight your second class drivers, I think they make a rod for their own back and the press report it.

Exactly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 266738.stm

Ollie

_________________
Happy to be legit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 8998
Location: London
Ollie wrote:
greenbadgecabby wrote:
We don't have to highlight your second class drivers, I think they make a rod for their own back and the press report it.

Exactly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 266738.stm

Ollie


I'm not sure what this has to do with the above, but it raises the question why is someone so stupid to accept a lift, on her own, from two blokes in a car? ](*,)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 305
Location: London LPH
greenbadgecabby wrote:
I'm not sure what this has to do with the above, but it raises the question why is someone so stupid to accept a lift, on her own, from two blokes in a car? ](*,)

Only one taxi driver in this car. :sad:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5043932.html

Ollie

_________________
Happy to be legit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 231
Location: N.E. London
Good on here ain't it?
Specialy when there ain't nuffin on the telly. :lol: :lol:

_________________
Make trafic wardens redundant. PARK LEGALLY.
Congestion charge! Before it was free.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 8998
Location: London
Ollie wrote:
greenbadgecabby wrote:
I'm not sure what this has to do with the above, but it raises the question why is someone so stupid to accept a lift, on her own, from two blokes in a car? ](*,)

Only one taxi driver in this car. :sad:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5043932.html

Ollie


Still cannot what this has to do with the situation in London Ollie?

Now if you were to find such a story about one of Londons finest, i'll give you that.

But you know you the answer to that one? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 8998
Location: London
McDeHack wrote:
Good on here ain't it?
Specialy when there ain't nuffin on the telly. :lol: :lol:


You could have been out helping clear up some of the significant unmet demand that existed tonight, instead of watching Eastenders. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 231
Location: N.E. London
greenbadgecabby wrote:
McDeHack wrote:
Good on here ain't it?
Specialy when there ain't nuffin on the telly. :lol: :lol:


You could have been out helping clear up some of the significant unmet demand that existed tonight, instead of watching Eastenders. :shock:


Oh No! It ain't safe out there when it gets dark. :shock:
I done my 3 days of 7 hours each.
I hate Eastenders. It ain't real. Now Emmerdale and Corrie they are real. :roll:

_________________
Make trafic wardens redundant. PARK LEGALLY.
Congestion charge! Before it was free.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:54 pm
Posts: 52
greenbadgecabby wrote:
blobby wrote:
Skull wrote:
Makes you wonder why local authorities would rather see an increase in the Ph fleet while keeping a cap on taxi numbers?


Must be because they haven't reached their rape quota yet.


Same old s&*t stirring from greenbadgebigot - read it again - it says illegal mini-cab driver.



Or one of your (cough) legitimate colleagues touting? Thats also Illegal, but it seems most of your side does'nt grasp that too well? :-|

its keeps a to z in bussness and sat nav


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 55 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group