Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:40 pm 

I am avery secure person. I find it's Jocks in Frocks who are insecure, with lots to be insecure about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:46 pm 

jimbo wrote:
I am avery secure person. I find it's Jocks in Frocks who are insecure, with lots to be insecure about.

=; Oi ! Watch it Metroman.

At least we can fly our flags without being associated with the BNP! :wink:

. . . . and the skirts work a treat with the Ladies, just ask Mrs GBC. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:52 pm 

greenbadgecabby wrote:
jimbo wrote:

=; Oi ! Watch it Metroman.

At least we can fly our flags without being associated with the BNP! :wink:

Scotlands lovely, but I wouldn't live there!

. . . . and the skirts work a treat with the Ladies, just ask Mrs GBC. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:57 pm 

jimbo wrote:

You got me Jimbo, well done not much I can say to that. I'll let you away now. :wink:

Can't wait to see your comments to the next topic :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:53 pm 

jimbo wrote:

Usually it's sassenachs in kilts that I get.

Anyway you need to be very secure to wear a kilt cause you never know when everyone will see how big a man you really are :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:12 pm 

Cant come soon enough :wink:

http://members.snp.org/policies/northse ... 8753738965

Treachery or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:15 pm 

Mayor launches UK's first text service to reduce sexual attacks in illegal minicabs
This press release was originally issued by the Mayor of London's press office at the Greater London Authority.

The Mayor of London today launched the UK's first text service to enable safer minicab travel as part of the ongoing campaign against sexual assaults and rapes on women by illegal minicab drivers.

There are an average of 10 sexual attacks and rapes on women by illegal minicab drivers each month.

The innovative text service allows people to receive localised licensed cab numbers direct to their mobile phones by texting 'HOME' to 60835.

The service forms part of "Know what you're getting into", a campaign which warns women of the dangers of using illegal minicabs and offers safer travel information.

The new campaign includes posters, radio and cinema adverts, and a link-up with Heart106.2.

The Mayor, Ken Livingstone, said: "On average there are 10 sexual assaults or rapes carried out by illegal minicab drivers each month. Yet people are still using them.

"This new service means that people can now text 'HOME' to 60835 and receive the numbers of licensed minicab and black cab firms in the area they are texting from."

Ed Thompson, Public Carriage Office, said: "Transport for London's Public Carriage Office fully supports the 'Know what you're getting into' campaign.

'Know what you're getting into'
"London's private hire operators and vehicles have been licensed, and driver licensing will be completed by summer 2006.

"All private hire vehicles, which now have to display yellow licensing discs on their windscreens, must be pre-booked.

"The introduction of this innovative texting service means it should now be possible, wherever you are in London, to find a licensed taxi or minicab operator."

Commander Jim Smith, Metropolitan Police, said: "We continue to work closely with our partners, and arrest the criminals who purport to be mini cab drivers, who target their victims and carry out sexual assaults.

"I would urge women to take the advice in the adverts, 'Know what you're getting into', and look after your friends - don't take the risk of getting into a car belonging to a complete stranger.

"We want Londoners to have a good time and enjoy their evenings out, but to take sensible precautions and to plan how they will get home safely."

Harriet Scott, Heart106.2, said: "With the party season approaching it is an even more pertinent message for woman to be careful about how they are getting home.

"Heart 106.2 is delighted to be part of promoting the 'Know what you're getting into' campaign, which promotes easy and convenient services for woman to ensure that the taxi that they are getting into is safe and secure."

Ann Elledge, Suzy Lamplugh Trust, said: "The Suzy Lamplugh Trust fully supports this initiative as it will make finding a licensed minicab quick and easy, and will mean fewer members of the travelling public will be lured into dangerous illegal vehicles."

'Know what you're getting into' is part of Safer Travel at Night, a partnership between the Mayor of London, Transport for London and the Metropolitan Police, who are working together to make travel safer at night.

Successes of the initiative include more night buses than ever before, the licensing of all minicabs vehicles and operators, making taxi touting a recordable offence, two marshalled taxi ranks and launching the Transport Operational Command Unit - a dedicated Police unit set up to target crime relating to bus services and minicab activities.

Future initiatives include all buses fitted with CCTV by the end of 2005 - currently 90-95 per cent of buses have CCTV - and all minicab drivers licensed by summer 2006.

Oh dear Oh dear - its your worst fears coming true - legitimate Private Hire - cheap safe transport across London available when you want it at a price that people are prepared to pay. Should have kept off the golf course and worked more hours eh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:37 pm 

Exactly. =D>

Some of the London cab trade can't stomach the fact that we are now licensed, so they have to highlite the un-licensed trade in a desperate attempt to scare-monger.

But if the licensed PH trade wasn't eating into their over-priced work then they wouldn't care a jot about us. But it does and that's the best compliment they could pay to the licensed PH trade.

Sounds good doesn't it, licensed London PH trade. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:52 pm 

Ollie wrote:
Exactly. =D>

Some of the London cab trade can't stomach the fact that we are now licensed, so they have to highlite the un-licensed trade in a desperate attempt to scare-monger.

But if the licensed PH trade wasn't eating into their over-priced work then they wouldn't care a jot about us. But it does and that's the best compliment they could pay to the licensed PH trade.

I get the feeling GBC will be replying to this post ASAP.

I hate to point it out but to compete on standards of profesionalism, quality of vehicle and quality of service is one thing but to under cut on price is another.

You just go to undervalue your profession serving to prove that taxi/ph driver and owners are at the end of the food chain when it comes to personal and professional selfworth :cry: Sad, so sad. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:37 am 

blobby wrote:
Oh dear Oh dear - its your worst fears coming true - legitimate Private Hire - cheap safe transport across London available when you want it at a price that people are prepared to pay. Should have kept off the golf course and worked more hours eh!

No fear of mine Mr blobby, your mobs been cut back by 10'000 over the last 5 years, whilst ours has risen by 2500.

'Cheap safe transport', luckily, is your expression, not that of the cash paying public who still rate you as a second class service reserved for drunks going from a Hackney crack house to their distributer in Dalston.

As i'm bored of saying, and perhaps your reading ability is'nt up to much, the London Minicab trade has been around since 1960.

Every year another couple of clown's like yourself and ollie appear, telling us all how the Minicab trade is taking over, the Licensed Taxi trade is dying, blah blah blah and blah. Yet every year my takings go up, I work less hours for the same takings, and whilst not a golfer, enjoy even more quality time with friends and family. :lol:

You see Blobs, we have life long careers, you have what is regarded as an 'in between jobs job', your industry is made up of people who cannot speak English, have no checkable background, and continue to make the news week in week out for sexual assaults on female passengers.

You are the poor relation of the London trade, and luckily the PCO, The press, and the Police know that.

Indeed i'm sure you know it as well but will continue to trot out crap to justify your own belief that the minicab trade has found respectability.

And to end on price, who is more expensive to Gatwick: Addison lee, who charges £7 for a trip around the corner: Addison Lee, who has a turnover of staff so great they are forced to pay a bounty to poach refugees from 'freds cars of hackney' : ??? :lol:

Don't work too hard today, I'll be thinking about you on the Golf course. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:51 am 

greenbadgecabby wrote:
blobby wrote:

No fear of mine Mr blobby, your mobs been cut back by 10'000 over the last 5 years, whilst ours has risen by 2500.

'Cheap safe transport', luckily, is your expression, not that of the cash paying public who still rate you as a second class service reserved for drunks going from a Hackney crack house to their distributer in Dalston.

As i'm bored of saying, and perhaps your reading ability is'nt up to much, the London Minicab trade has been around since 1960.

Every year another couple of clown's like yourself and ollie appear, telling us all how the Minicab trade is taking over, the Licensed Taxi trade is dying, blah blah blah and blah. Yet every year my takings go up, I work less hours for the same takings, and whilst not a golfer, enjoy even more quality time with friends and family. :lol:

You see Blobs, we have life long careers, you have what is regarded as an 'in between jobs job', your industry is made up of people who cannot speak English, have no checkable background, and continue to make the news week in week out for sexual assaults on female passengers.

You are the poor relation of the London trade, and luckily the PCO, The press, and the Police know that.

Indeed i'm sure you know it as well but will continue to trot out crap to justify your own belief that the minicab trade has found respectability.

And to end on price, who is more expensive to Gatwick: Addison lee, who charges £7 for a trip around the corner: Addison Lee, who has a turnover of staff so great they are forced to pay a bounty to poach refugees from 'freds cars of hackney' : ??? :lol:

Don't work too hard today, I'll be thinking about you on the Golf course. :wink:

You are a class act GBC I'm surprised there is not a hit out on you.

Now me, I would expect it, but you I think it would come as a surprise :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:57 am 

Ollie wrote:

We don't have to highlight your second class drivers, I think they make a rod for their own back and the press report it.

The 'news text' at the start of this thread came straight from the Met Police's own website, so perhaps you could get your trade reps to confront them on this issue.

Oops, nearly forgot you don't have a trade organisation apart from the one man band from Harrow, talking of which, is'nt his site doing well. :roll:

I'll refer you to my above post with regard to the 'eating into work' comment. :?

You see good readers of TDO, don't for a minute be had over with all the Minicabs in London all being like Addison Lee or West One cars, sure they are both big outfits, with buisnessmen in charge, and about a thousand cars between them, but apart from another two large company's thats it.
The other 90% of the Minicab trade is still made up of men standing in doorways with clipboards and Mr Al-Shaz-Rapeu driving an L reg Previa, who arrived last year from Afghanistan, whereby know one knows who he is or how many crimes he has commited.
Here's a license, off you go now. Try not to attack any women whilst your out there. :roll:

In fact Ollie 'care not a jot about us' is the only part of your post I wholeheartedly agree with.

So Ollie, the Licensed London Taxi trade has no need to berate your side, we could never better what you acheive so well yourselfs. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:01 am 

Skull wrote:

I'm Bulletproof, coming from the same city as your goodself you should know that. :wink:

But seriously, Like yourself, I have this adversion to lies, and will always respond with the truth, so people can make up there own minds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:15 am 

greenbadgecabby wrote:
Skull wrote:

I'm Bulletproof, coming from the same city as your goodself you should know that. :wink:

But seriously, Like yourself, I have this adversion to lies, and will always respond with the truth, so people can make up there own minds.

Have you ever noticed how the psychologically damaged always tell the truth and the sane always tell lies.

Are wee on the right side :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:04 am 

greenbadgecabby wrote:

I think that has to be welcomed by both HC and PH.

If 10,000 pieces of s*** are no longer in this trade, and 2,500 well maintained vehicles have joined then that's a cause for celebration. \:D/

But surely the licensing of mini cabs has been a success, if only for getting rid of the 10,000 iffy mushes. =D>