Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:54 am 

Well this story cheered me up. :wink:

Mr Ali operates a licensed minicab office opposite Leicester Square in the heart of the city.

Now before licensing he operated what could only be described as a fleet of cars and drivers that looked like a scene from your local salvage yard.

His drivers would openly rank up on the Taxi rank opposite and tell tourists they were 'London Cabbies' (in their pidgeon English)

Now Ali's outfit is known in the trade as 'Taliban Taxis' :) His picture will explain why!

Last year we opened our marshalled rank right opposite Ali's doorway. He owns the office above, but conducts his buisiness from the doorway.

So next thing he knew all his customers were using real Taxi's, so ALI in his wisdom got his drivers to stand around the corner to drum up some trade, unfortunatley they touted an Inspector and PC from the Transport for London Policing unit! :lol:

Then to make matters worse. . . . well i'll let Bob Oddy take up the story :

http://www.ltda.co.uk/taxi/issue_102/pg03.htm

So there you have it, Licensed Minicab operators, such as high profile ones like ALI, are still using unlicensed cars (and i'll bet drivers) and still the PCO do nothing.

So is this style of operation repeated a thousand times across the capital? I'd love to see the odds on that one.

:?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:39 am 

greenbadgecabby wrote:
So there you have it, Licensed Minicab operators, such as high profile ones like ALI, are still using unlicensed cars (and i'll bet drivers) and still the PCO do nothing.

And you think the licensed PH trade like his sort? :?

Ollie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:24 pm 

greenbadgecabby wrote:
So next thing he knew all his customers were using real Taxi's, so ALI in his wisdom got his drivers to stand around the corner to drum up some trade, unfortunatley they touted an Inspector and PC from the Transport for London Policing unit! :lol:

Its good to see this type of thing highlighted but licensing authorities throughout the country in the main turn a blind eye to llegal plying for hire. Perhaps whats lacking is the will and the resources to enforce the problem.

Regards

JD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:26 pm 

Ollie wrote:
greenbadgecabby wrote:

And you think the licensed PH trade like his sort? :?

Ollie

No.

But I don't hear much condemnation from the large circuit owners like Addison Lee and Premier? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:01 am 

greenbadgecabby wrote:
Well this story cheered me up. :wink: as they
ban dont license join the ltda simply the best all the best smudger

Mr Ali operates a licensed minicab office opposite Leicester Square in the heart of the city.

Now before licensing he operated what could only be described as a fleet of cars and drivers that looked like a scene from your local salvage yard.

His drivers would openly rank up on the Taxi rank opposite and tell tourists they were 'London Cabbies' (in their pidgeon English)

Now Ali's outfit is known in the trade as 'Taliban Taxis' :) His picture will explain why!

Last year we opened our marshalled rank right opposite Ali's doorway. He owns the office above, but conducts his buisiness from the doorway.

So is this style of operation repeated a thousand times across the capital? I'd love to see the odds on that one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:00 am 

xsczc wrote:
greenbadgecabby wrote:
Well this story cheered me up. :wink: as they
ban dont license join the ltda simply the best all the best smudger

This forum operates a little differently from the EZ board format, as you may have noticed.

It changes things as well, like naughty words, and a certain forum called [edited by admin].

See? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:33 am 

Folllowing on from ALI'S imprisonment, the PCO have now withdrawn his license to trade as from the 18th of this month.

So Taliban Taxis are no more. \:D/

Of course this has not deterred the die hard touting drivers who were back last night, they had the door closed but were answering it to enquires.

Not being one to stand back on these things, I sauntered over and asked if they were open, 'no boss, we is secureety for meester Alee'

'Why are sending people to waiting cars then you lying c***?'

'No understand' :?

After my camera flash went of in his face, he declined to communicate further.

I'll send the pictures up to Mr McNamara of the LTDA on Monday, perhaps the PCO might go out after dark and do some enforcment work on them?

I shan't hold ones breath. :?: