Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:19 pm 

281. committee meeting Minutes 22 sept 05
Taxicab and Private Hire Vehicle Licensing : Best Practice – DfT Consultation PDF 50 K

To consider a response to a consultation document issued by The Department for Transport in connection with taxicab and private hire licensing best practice.

Additional documents:

2 PDF 14 K
3 PDF 22 K
Minutes:

The Committee considered a response to a consultation document issued by The Department for Transport in connection with taxicab and private hire licensing best practice.

_____

With the permission of the Committee, Members of the Taxi Trade addressed the meeting.

Reference was made to the section in the form regarding Topographical Knowledge.

The Licensing Officer informed the Committee that he was in the process of reviewing this and he was in consultation with the Trade. He stated that this matter would go to the Working Party before coming back to this Committee for consideration.

Resolved that the response be approved.

It would seem from this that liverpool is contemplating doing away with the street knowlege so much for quality . or have i got it wrong ? STREETCAR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:30 pm 

streetcar wrote:
It would seem from this that liverpool is contemplating doing away with the street knowlege so much for quality . or have i got it wrong ? STREETCAR

Nothing would surprise me with that mob, and they have form when the trade said they didn't have enough drivers.

Strange they didn't say they needed more motors for them to drive though. :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:05 pm 

Well Sussex i think you are right . Last year fleet owners were moaning they could not get enough drivers, they even tried a recruitment drive with Liverpool council . Then they decided it did not look to clever ,limiting taxi numbers, but not haveing the drivers to drive them . So the word went out to hide the problem. So they did . Jacobs was bo... ocs 1400 Taxis being double shifted . Friday and saturday nights ,there must only be a few hundred working in the city centre . thank god . Not to good if you are a punter . The minutes of the council meeting are very vague. It does not say who these members of the trade , who adressed the meeting were . Next time they should not hide the, names of these members of the trade ,because These are the people who are really makeing the decisions on taxi regulations in Liverpool. The councillors are there , just to get there attendance dosh , they sit there, with there fingers up there bots , doing what Damien tells them .DON T THESE COUNCILLORS CARE ABOUT THE PUBLIC ! streetcar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:46 pm 

Wasn't the Liverpool knowledge dumbed down in the past?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:17 pm 

TDO wrote:
Wasn't the Liverpool knowledge dumbed down in the past?

I think it was. As long as you could work nights you got a license. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:18 pm 

T D O Yes you are right now the Liverpool Knowledge is so easy my 7 year old could pass it but . It would seem , fleet owners still can not get enough plonkers like me . So the next thing , use Gps, as an excuse to get rid of it . Seems they dont want people paying 50000 for a plate , only to find out you have to drive it your self . Where are Liverpools taxis. I think there are loads of fleet owners, with them shoved up there arses . Sitting waiting it out, praying for a recession . Thats when they thrive , when people are poor and desperate . Sad B.......s Streetcar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:19 pm 
i suggest Liverpool do a dsa test.
we have that down here now and no-one has passed. :lol:
even the lo took it and failed. :lol:
soon there will be more taxis than drivers. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:11 pm 

Bloody hell Cgull! a D S A test . Stop at red lights . Indicate . Give way ! dont drive up some ones end, till they get out of the way . Dont speed !f..k, I could not pass that . Good idea if they fail give them a job as a Taxi driver , if they pass give them a job as a driving instructor . Streetcar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:09 pm 

But the fail rates have been as high as 50% in some areas? Says a lot for the trade :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:40 pm 

"Liverpool" and "Knowledge" ? Does this count as an Oxymoron? :lol: :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:04 am 

If street car is right, it soon might :?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:56 am 

Well still cant find out whats going on, a very reliable source has told me . QUOTE ..Are you winding them up, about the street knowledge, the fleets in Liverpool, have for years been trying to get the council to do away with the knowledge, but Tony Mack and the council have always said no, So has something changed . end of quote . So it will be interesting to find out who has, the power Tony Mack, T&G or The fleet owners . Well the councillors they dont count , they just do as there told. Perhaps Tony Mack would care to comment . I know he studies this forum and They do have a computer in transport house . What a good way to keep in touch with his membership .He may even justify limiting taxi numbers .That could be interesting . I dont think T D O would mined , or would they. Streetcar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:05 pm 

Well i have got it wrong again , my very informed associate with friends , in the highest of places . HAS GIVEN ME THIS INFORMATION QUOTE I made a couple of phone calls for you, and it's seen that it was the private hire who applied to have their test removed not the hackney test, the private hire a test, So as normal i have got it wrong, so i cant blame fleet owners for this one. But the lads with condoms stuffed up there jacksis . I apologies to all Liverpool fleet owners Streetcar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:45 pm 

streetcar wrote:
and it's seen that it was the private hire who applied to have their test removed not the hackney test, the private hire a test.

Bearing in mind that PHs can work anywhere, then one has to wonder why they don't license them in an area that doesn't have a PH knowledge. :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:27 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Bearing in mind that PHs can work anywhere, then one has to wonder why they don't license them in an area that doesn't have a PH knowledge. :-k

what sort of firm wants drivers that havent the knowledge.
not really a selling point is it. [-X