All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:55 pm 

Oh dear, the things they do in their black cabs. :shock:

http://www.dac-callsign.com/05/Oct05/page3.html

Ollie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:58 pm 

Love this bit. :D

There are men out there who may well be feeling lonely for one of several reasons, perhaps they have a desire for some sort of sexual relations or perhaps just someone to talk to after losing someone dear to them.

Ollie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:02 pm 

Here's another one, but I didn't realise it was even illegal to have sex with a prostitute #-o

Prostitute sex blocks driver’s licence bid Oct 13 2005

AN ex-cabbie has been refused a new licence after being caught having sex with a prostitute.

Police revealed that Gary Gower was arrested for “performing a sexual act with a known prostitute” in Glasgow.

The 47-year-old was fined £80 at Glasgow District Court in August last year for the offence, West Dunbartonshire Council’s licensing committee heard last week.

In 1995 and 1996, Gower also faced charges of indecent behaviour towards girls between the ages of 12 and 15, and of making sexual advances on three occasions towards a 42-year-old woman.

However, the Dumbarton man was cleared of these charges.

Working as a private hire driver at that time, Gower was barred by his office managers from picking up females in the Dumbarton and Alexandria areas as court trials loomed.

Based on last August’s offence and traffic convictions, police last week objected to Gower’s application to become a private hire taxi driver again.

A police spokesman said: “It is the chief constable’s contention, due to the nature of convictions, that Mr Gower is not a fit and proper person to hold such a licence.”

Charles McKinley, owner of Dumbarton firm Castle Cabs, represented Gower at the meeting.

He said: “A mountain has been made out of a molehill here. Having read the police letter, their allegations are all unsubstantiated.”

Licensing councillors unanimously agreed to refuse to grant Gower’s application.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:12 am 

Well I suppose if he had lost a loved one, then according to Mr Callsign, everything would have been ok. :shock:

I wonder if he would share similar concerns if some of the illegal touts had lost a loved one. Or is it one rule for some, and another for the rest. :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:08 pm 

All very wrong.

Still, look at it another way, the Taxi drivers can afford to pay for the £1K a night Mayfair toms, the Minicab drivers are forced to use Kings Cross, and the AIDs ridden things that walk around there. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:09 pm 

Ollie wrote:
Love this bit. :D

There are men out there who may well be feeling lonely for one of several reasons, perhaps they have a desire for some sort of sexual relations or perhaps just someone to talk to after losing someone dear to them.

Ollie

Does that ring true with you then Ollie? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:31 pm 

Ollie wrote:

It will still never come within a mile of the Illegal acts carried out by your side of the trade though Ollie.

Rape, Assault, Burglar transport, , , , , , and yep, picking up toms. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:14 pm 

Nothing about the 2 on duty uniformed coppers starring in a bluey in the back of their van in the West End !!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:21 am 

David2428 wrote:
Nothing about the 2 on duty uniformed coppers starring in a bluey in the back of their van in the West End !!! :lol:

No, its just Ollie desperatley trying to find a derogatory story about our side of the trade. :roll:

I wish it was as difficult to find one about his.

Still nice to see he follows all the top London trade papers and magazines. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:32 pm 

Ollie wrote:

Ollie
you forgot mate they are all ex miniscab drivers trying to bring the side down ban dont licence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:36 pm 

Ollie wrote:

Ollie
you forgot mate they are all ex miniscab drivers trying to bring the side down ban dont licence

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:05 am 

xsczc wrote:

Maybe when they water down the knowledge then all those ex-minicab drivers will be able to rank up with you. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:58 pm 

Sussex wrote:
xsczc wrote:

Maybe when they water down the knowledge then all those ex-minicab drivers will be able to rank up with you. :D

You don't have to go that far Sussex, have a look around the Taxi ranks on any Friday night. :roll:

According to Ollie they are taking our work, too much business, lots of accounts, etc, etc, more bullshite, etc......

Someone better tell the hundreds of LICENSED MINICABS that dredge the West end desperate to tout everyone that moves.

Still, one side of the trades got to take the [edited by admin] kebab eating yobs home, and I know which side of the trade it is'nt. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:02 pm 

greenbadgecabby wrote:
You don't have to go that far Sussex, have a look around the Taxi ranks on any Friday night. :roll:

The bit I can't quite work out is if there is no demand not being met, then why are the big black cab firms taking on LPH to meet it? :-k

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:23 pm 

Sussex wrote:
greenbadgecabby wrote:

The bit I can't quite work out is if there is no demand not being met, then why are the big black cab firms taking on LPH to meet it? :-k

I can't answer circuit questions.

From my own point of view, I earn enough to keep me happy from the Airport, Stations, Streets and the occasional rank.

I see no point paying some Radio circuits shareholders nearly £200 a month, I find its much better used there. :wink:

Sure they get longer jobs, but I'm happy with my lot.

Then theres all that credit card work, the Tax man likes all that. :shock: