Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:12 am 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
OH DEAR ME SUSSEX, IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN UP WITH.

NO INTELLIGENT OR FACTUAL CONTENT IN THAT REMARK.

I expect that I could do a lot better, but I'm pretty certain it would be wasted on you.

But my point is that you, and possibly your local trade, are spending too much time on piffle, and not enough time on the important issues at hand.

But TBH, that's par for the course in many local cab scenes.

Now if I was a Trafford taxi plate-holder I would be trying to find out what's happening in my area before it does, not reacting to events when it's too late to influence them.

What I would have done is talk to the chap applying, on mass, for the plates, and tried to come to a sensible accommadation. But then that would mean you talking to your pseudo foe, and you couldn't have that could you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:13 am 

TraffordVoice wrote:
Dont think so M8y already proved JD nows nowt worth knowing have u come back for some?

Well if you think someone maybe not knowing a plate number is a victory for you, then your local trade really does have problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:59 am 

The victory is not just in him not knowing a plate number but in him proving wot a PLONKER he is by asking us who drives the only blue TX11 in trafford when there is more than one so it just proves he should get his facts right before making himself look a total PRAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:08 am 

Sussex

If you scroll back you will see that not only did he not know how many blue cabs, didnt know plate numbers of them also didnt know plate number of last one transferred also didnt know the one sold to asian who we have been accused of ripping off was actually sold by an Asian so again I suggest all of you get your facts right in future before posting incorrect abusive lies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:12 am 

But then again we all know what a bunch of cowboys you are! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:01 pm 

TraffordVoice wrote:
But then again we all know what a bunch of cowboys you are! Image
I am not sure of the relevance of taxi colours, plate numbers . An outrage has been committed in trafford . It may be a means to an end but this PH person is applying for his plates, not for any noble cause , not for the benifit of any body, only him self . You wont say it ,i no the appeal still going on . But the man is one greedy prat . He does not want de-lmiting . He just want to make , a few bob . At any one expence .He has got nothing to loose only his solicotors fees . I have a dislike for multi plate holders . But this man beats the lot . streetcar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:58 pm 

TraffordVoice wrote:
Sussex

If you scroll back you will see that not only did he not know how many blue cabs, didnt know plate numbers of them also didnt know plate number of last one transferred also didnt know the one sold to asian who we have been accused of ripping off was actually sold by an Asian so again I suggest all of you get your facts right in future before posting incorrect abusive lies!

As I said piffle.

Concentrate your efforts on that if you wish, but if I was in your shoes I would be far more concerned about other things. [-(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:33 pm 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
For a couple of weeks I have observed the comments posted onto this forum and I have to say I did not think it possible for there to be so many self opinionated, single minded biased people amongst such a small membership who delight in berating others whose opinion happens to differ from their own.

Funny, I'm sure I've seen you posting before one here 8-[

And your remarks seem a bit rich from people who are calling others ignoramuses and plonkers within a short time of starting posting.

Quote:
Keep up to speck guys, the last transfer in Trafford was a couple of weeks ago, where a white owner who had come into the trade 15 months ago at a cost of £31,500 for license and a R reg Fairway transferred to an asian for the sum of £26.000, the license was still with the R reg Fairway, well according to you guys this must surely have been a rip off. Well a depreciation of £5,500 over a period of 15 months.
RACISIM AND RIP OFF DON'T THINK SO. THINK YOU GUYS HAD IT WRONG...........

I don't know the details of the transaction in question, but I think the point being made is that many buy plates without being fully aware of the facts, and I think immigrants are particularly vulnerable in this regard. But it doesn't depend on ethnic groups, since your own subsequent comments demonstrate a distinct lack of understanding of the market.

But theres no doubt that people buy plates under false pretences. Witness the misleading comments about derestriction from the likes of the T&G and NTA. They've no doubt given some in the know the chance to offload plates onto those misled.

Quote:
SECONDLY.........

Plate values as we all know are based on the last one transferred, 35K don't think so. And the Asian who you all so much to say about, well guess what you were only in possesion of half the facts or perhaps someone did know the full facts but chose not to reveal all because it suited their purpose to make Trafford Owners look bad...yes he did pay 35K yes he was ripped off but heres the best bit, he bought from another Asian owner who was returning to Pakistan, hang your heads in shame you biggots.

So if tomorrow derestriction was announced to take place in six months then a plate value would depend on the last transfer? Hardly, unless of course some were in the dark about the derestriction, which was the point being made about the Asians.

Quote:
THIRDLY - FREE PLATES.[b]

Instead of being scroungers and expecting something for nothing why can't people get off their backside and work for a plate like the other 102 plate holders in Trafford did one was a free issue). But no, we will be like many other aspects of this civilisation and scrounge, moan,complain and berate others and then hold your hands out wanting freebies.
I understood when I bought my License with hard earned money may I add that I was investing in a business, in 1990 I paid £16,500 for my plate, in 2004 I transferred that plate for 25k, whoopie effing do, £8,500 profit over a period of 14 years (less tax) so come on some knowall out there must be able to work out with the help of a calculator, if I had put my money into a Peps or ISA what would that have returned.

I think plates tend to be bought more for their income than capital appreciation, but a 50% or so capital appreciation in 14 years isn't too bad, particularly in a low inflation era.

But note that all plates were originally freebies, and if you want to risk a purchase on a grey market then that's your business, but it's a bit rich to berate those who would like a plate issued by the public authorities on the same terms as all others as scroungers.

Quote:
ANOTHER SCENARIO.......[b]

At the time in 1990 the house next door to me was for sale for £44,950, the same house is now for sale again and guess what its now £167,000, oh dear sit back, shock, gasp, horror is that a fat cat owner ripping someone off.
Some of you need to get in touch with the real world, if you wish to be a Self Employed Taxi Owner running your own business then you should invest some capital thats money by the way, just like you do to run or own any other business Butcher, Baker, Hairdresser etc etc ............
So stop moaning and scrounging get off your a--es and earn it like others have had to do instead of being full of criticism because they have done so.

It's a stange business that ceases to have a value when the authorities allow others to enter the market on an equal basis, so again you demonstrate the point about people being hoodwinked about what they're buying - you've clearly been hoodwinked yourself, but luckily for you things have turned out OK.

But a cartel is hardly a business, so to use your own words, please get in touch with the real world :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:40 pm 

This thread reminds me of the one almost precisely seven days before, when someone come on and said:

Quote:
YOU HAVE BEEN VERY QUIET TODAY, WOULD THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE RESULT OF TONIGHTS PUBLIC PROTECTION MEETING. THE RESULT WASN'T QUITE WHAT YOU EXPECTED WAS IT.

Umpteen posts later and we still weren't told what happened, and then they we were told that it would be better if they didn't tell us?

Did they ever divulge what happened? I don't know, I gave up on the thread :lol:

And this one is in the same vein - largely a complete waste of time :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:59 am 

TraffordVoice wrote:
HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

If you didn't reply to these people within 5 minutes they were getting stroppy, yet no reply to my points after a few days.

They must have got fed up. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7