Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:41 pm 

For a couple of weeks I have observed the comments posted onto this forum and I have to say I did not think it possible for there to be so many self opinionated, single minded biased people amongst such a small membership who delight in berating others whose opinion happens to differ from their own.

FIRSTLY- RACISIM/ASIAN OWNERS IN TRAFFORD.

Keep up to speck guys, the last transfer in Trafford was a couple of weeks ago, where a white owner who had come into the trade 15 months ago at a cost of £31,500 for license and a R reg Fairway transferred to an asian for the sum of £26.000, the license was still with the R reg Fairway, well according to you guys this must surely have been a rip off. Well a depreciation of £5,500 over a period of 15 months.
RACISIM AND RIP OFF DON'T THINK SO. THINK YOU GUYS HAD IT WRONG...........

SECONDLY.........

Plate values as we all know are based on the last one transferred, 35K don't think so. And the Asian who you all so much to say about, well guess what you were only in possesion of half the facts or perhaps someone did know the full facts but chose not to reveal all because it suited their purpose to make Trafford Owners look bad...yes he did pay 35K yes he was ripped off but heres the best bit, he bought from another Asian owner who was returning to Pakistan, hang your heads in shame you biggots.

THIRDLY - FREE PLATES.

Instead of being scroungers and expecting something for nothing why can't people get off their backside and work for a plate like the other 102 plate holders in Trafford did one was a free issue). But no, we will be like many other aspects of this civilisation and scrounge, moan,complain and berate others and then hold your hands out wanting freebies.
I understood when I bought my License with hard earned money may I add that I was investing in a business, in 1990 I paid £16,500 for my plate, in 2004 I transferred that plate for 25k, whoopie effing do, £8,500 profit over a period of 14 years (less tax) so come on some knowall out there must be able to work out with the help of a calculator, if I had put my money into a Peps or ISA what would that have returned.

ANOTHER SCENARIO.......

At the time in 1990 the house next door to me was for sale for £44,950, the same house is now for sale again and guess what its now £167,000, oh dear sit back, shock, gasp, horror is that a fat cat owner ripping someone off.
Some of you need to get in touch with the real world, if you wish to be a Self Employed Taxi Owner running your own business then you should invest some capital thats money by the way, just like you do to run or own any other business Butcher, Baker, Hairdresser etc etc ............
So stop moaning and scrounging get off your a--es and earn it like others have had to do instead of being full of criticism because they have done so.

This is why there is no GREAT IN BRITAIN ANYMORE , and also why there is no UNITED IN KINGDOM either. Its an accepted fact throughout civilisation, some people will work to achieve what they want others will rob and scrounge.............................. :x :x :x :x :x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:31 pm 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
Keep up to speck guys, the last transfer in Trafford was a couple of weeks ago, where a white owner who had come into the trade 15 months ago at a cost of £31,500 for license and a R reg Fairway transferred to an asian for the sum of £26.000, the license was still with the R reg Fairway, well according to you guys this must surely have been a rip off. Well a depreciation of £5,500 over a period of 15 months.
RACISIM AND RIP OFF DON'T THINK SO. THINK YOU GUYS HAD IT WRONG...........

But that £26,000 could be worth far less in a year or two. As you say the chap lost £5,500 in 15 months, so how much will the other lad lose?

I'm afraid it's a classic case of those in the know selling to those not in the know. It cost one chap £5,500 and now could cost another £26,000. :sad:

What a lovely trade we have, and what lovely people we have in the NTA and T&G that support this. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:34 pm 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
Instead of being scroungers and expecting something for nothing why can't people get off their backside and work for a plate like the other 102 plate holders in Trafford did one was a free issue). But no, we will be like many other aspects of this civilisation and scrounge, moan,complain and berate others and then hold your hands out wanting freebies.

Just for the record tell me how much Trafford sold those 102 plates for?

And then try to square that with your last sentence. :-k

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:38 pm 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
I understood when I bought my License with hard earned money may I add that I was investing in a business, in 1990 I paid £16,500 for my plate, in 2004 I transferred that plate for 25k, whoopie effing do, £8,500 profit over a period of 14 years (less tax) so come on some knowall out there must be able to work out with the help of a calculator, if I had put my money into a Peps or ISA what would that have returned.

But the only reason plate values go up is because of their scarcity value. It wasn't your hard work or goodwill that made you your profit, it was the fact that someone wanted to queue jump the waiting list, and you obliged them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:40 pm 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
This is why there is no GREAT IN BRITAIN ANYMORE , and also why there is no UNITED IN KINGDOM either. Its an accepted fact throughout civilisation, some people will work to achieve what they want others will rob and scrounge.............................. :x :x :x :x :x [/b]

But the council issue them for nothing, you have acheived nothing, there is nothing to acheive.

FFS read Wirral.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:00 pm 

SUSSEX

i WAS REFERRING TO INDIVIDUALS NOT AUTHORITYSTHAT WANT FREEBIES, WITH REGARDS TO WAITING LIST, YOU IGNORAMUS, THERE IS NO WAITING LIST IT IS A REGISTER OF INTEREST WHICH IS NOT CLASSED AS AN APPLICATION FOR A LICENSE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:02 pm 

AND AS CAN BE PROVED PLATE VALUES ARE DEPRECIATING IN TRAFFORD, NOT GOING UP AS YOU STATE.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:04 pm 

I WAS REFERRING TO MY HARD WORK IN FINDING THE £16,500 IN THE FIRST PLACE TO INVEST CAPITAL INTO A LICENSE, BUT YOU PROABLY KNEW THAT BUIT ARE JUST BEING PADANTIC.................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:07 pm 

I ACHIEVED OWNING A LICENSE IN 1990, THE AUTHORITY WERE NOT GIVING THEM AWAY THEN. OH DEAR IGNORAMUS A SECOND TIME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:08 pm 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
SUSSEX

i WAS REFERRING TO INDIVIDUALS NOT AUTHORITYSTHAT WANT FREEBIES, WITH REGARDS TO WAITING LIST, YOU IGNORAMUS, THERE IS NO WAITING LIST IT IS A REGISTER OF INTEREST WHICH IS NOT CLASSED AS AN APPLICATION FOR A LICENSE.

So it ok by you for people with money to bypass the list of interested people, but not a PH operator? :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:09 pm 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
AND AS CAN BE PROVED PLATE VALUES ARE DEPRECIATING IN TRAFFORD, NOT GOING UP AS YOU STATE.............

Of course they are now coming down because people are starting to realise their true worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:12 pm 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
I WAS REFERRING TO MY HARD WORK IN FINDING THE £16,500 IN THE FIRST PLACE TO INVEST CAPITAL INTO A LICENSE, BUT YOU PROABLY KNEW THAT BUIT ARE JUST BEING PADANTIC.................

So you and the other 101 plate-holders in Trafford are the only hard workers? :-k

What about the other 703 (according to DfT stats) licensed drivers that don't own plates? Are they all lazy b*****ds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:13 pm 

SUSSEX

AS I STATED IN THE REAL WORLD IF YOU WISH TO OWN A BUSINESS YOU INVEST CAPITAL, ACCORDING TO YOUR THEORY DON'T PEOPLE BUYING PRORERTY QUEUE JUMP PEOPLE ON THE HOUSING LISTS.

WHERE IN ALL THIS DID I MENTION ANY P/H OPERATOR.
I WAS TALKING IN GENERAL TERMS ABOUT ANYONE WANTING A FREE ISSUE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:13 pm 

RANK1ALTRINCHAM wrote:
I ACHIEVED OWNING A LICENSE IN 1990, THE AUTHORITY WERE NOT GIVING THEM AWAY THEN. OH DEAR IGNORAMUS A SECOND TIME.

How much does/did Trafford charge for their taxi plates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:21 pm 

DEAR SUSSEX

YES THE AUTHORITY DONT CHARGE FOR THE PLATES WE ALL KNOW THAT, WOT I MEANT WAS THERE WERE NO FREE PLATES ON THE MENU AT THE TIME I BOUGHT MINE IN 1990, IF YOU WANTED INTO THE TRADE YOU HAD TO BUY ONE, I.E. INVEST CAPITAL............

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next