Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:10 pm 

Caught on camera: The disgusting moment a Lincoln taxi driver is SPAT at by an angry passenger

A Lincoln taxi driver was spat at by a passenger in an unprovoked attack in the city this week.

Video footage captured on the taxi's dash cam shows the shocking moment the passenger became argumentative with the driver before spitting in her face as he was asked to get out.

The incident took place outside the Stags Head, Newport, at around 7.30pm on Tuesday, January 12.

The self employed driver, who wanted to only be known as Kris, was left so shocked she had to take time off work since.

The 31-year-old said she had never experienced like it in her seven years on the job.

"I'd started my shift at about 6pm - this was about the third of fourth job of the night.

"I was called for a pick up at pub. The caller wanted a taxi to North Greetwell.

"Two men and a woman got in the car. They were not sober but not overly drunk.

"I asked them if they could shut the back door. They said they were waiting for one more person but I said could they just shut the door while we waited.

"The man in the front was being quite funny from when they got in. He was saying he didn't want to sit in the front because then he would have to pay.

"He started calling me names so I said 'pardon?'. I was trying to be professional. I was thinking at that point I would send the job back and get someone else to pick them up so I asked them to leave."

The footage then shows the passenger start to get out of the car but before he does, he spits at the driver's head.

Kris said: "It was awful. I felt absolutely disgusted. Nothing like that has ever happened before."

The shaken driver reported the incident to the police but was felt unable to carry on working that night or for the next two days.

She added: "So many things can happen to taxi drivers but nothing is done to protect us.

"I want this person to be charged for what they did. I have had to take time off because of this but I need to earn a living."

Read more: http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/VIDEO ... z3xLFRY7je

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:04 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Video footage captured on the taxi's dash cam shows the shocking moment the passenger became argumentative with the driver before spitting in her face as he was asked to get out.

Chances of that gutless scumbag getting away with this.

A big fat ZERO.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:35 pm 

and if the driver was male and had pulled him out of the cab and beaten the crap out of him, he'd have been charged.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:24 am 

captain cab wrote:
and if the driver was male and had pulled him out of the cab and beaten the crap out of him, he'd have been charged.

That sometimes is the best way to deal with them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:21 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
captain cab wrote:

would never ever happen ,sadly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:28 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Nidge2 wrote:
captain cab wrote:

No way you don't know if bloke is high on drugs or carrying a knife it could end VERY badly !!!!!!!!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:35 pm 

Spitting at taxi drivers seems to be a bit of a thing in Lincoln. Another taxi driver spat at me a few years ago. Suspended for ONE week...

Disgusting. But what do you do about it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:45 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:26 pm 

Cab Drivers register very low in the Publics esteem but to me their a vital even essential part of the Nations transport infrastructure out in all weathers and at all hours very low earnings few holidays and then frequently VICTIMS of this type of despicable behaviour :evil: :evil: :evil:

Why is it these gobby assoles are nearly always MIDGETS :?: :?: like this one ??

There was a CASE IN London WHERE A PASSENGER PHLEMED UP All over a Black Cab Driver who proceeded to punch the sh!t out of the creep he was taken to court for assault and the case was thrown out then he was dragged before the PCO who took no action against him =D> =D> =D> =D>

I was told this story years ago by the then Head of the PCO

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:56 am 

Police defend caution given to man who spat at taxi driver after public question decision

Lincolnshire Police have defended their decision to give only a caution to a 44-year-old man who spat in the face of a female taxi driver last month.

Video footage, filmed on the taxi driver's dash cam, captured the moment the man became argumentative with the driver before spitting at her and leaving the car.

The incident took place outside the Stags Head, Newport, at around 7.30pm on Tuesday, January 12.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said in a statement on Monday morning: "A 44-year-old local man has now been cautioned in relation to this incident. The victim has been updated."

But the force has now issued a second statement because of "questions raised by members of the public in relation to this incident."

A Lincolnshire Police spokeswoman said: "All incidents are addressed based on their individual merits and this case was no different.

"It is proportionate and justifiable in some cases to issue a caution even when the matter in hand is categorised as serious.

"On this occasion we considered a caution was an appropriate course of action.

"This formal outcome was decided upon after a thorough examination of the set of circumstances involved.

"Cautions are a formal sanction and if an individual commits any further offences a caution may influence how that person is dealt with.

"We have kept the victim updated in this case and explained to her the exact reasons why a caution was given in this case."

The self-employed driver, who wanted to only be known as Kris, was left so shocked she had to take time off work since.

At the time the 31-year-old said she had never experienced like it in her seven years on the job.

"I'd started my shift at about 6pm - this was about the third of fourth job of the night.

"I was called for a pick up at pub. The caller wanted a taxi to North Greetwell.

"Two men and a woman got in the car.

"I asked them if they could shut the back door. They said they were waiting for one more person but I said could they just shut the door while we waited.

"The man in the front was being quite funny from when they got in. He was saying he didn't want to sit in the front because then he would have to pay.

"He started calling me names so I said 'pardon?'. I was trying to be professional. I was thinking at that point I would send the job back and get someone else to pick them up so I asked them to leave."

The footage then shows the passenger start to get out of the car, but before he does, he spits at the driver's head.

Kris said: "It was awful. I felt absolutely disgusted. Nothing like that has ever happened before."

The shaken driver reported the incident to the police but was felt unable to carry on working that night or for the next two days.

She added: "So many things can happen to taxi drivers but nothing is done to protect us.

"I have had to take time off because of this but I need to earn a living."

Read more: http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Polic ... z3yzzqOCgc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:33 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
captain cab wrote:

And then the passengers in the back would have piled in and not on the drivers side.