Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:55 am 

BANKRUPT EUBANK'S 900FT TAXI JOURNEY

FORMER boxer Chris Eubank hired a taxi to take him 900ft from Harvey Nichols to Harrods yesterday - as a judge declared him bankrupt.

Dressed in his trademark riding boots and jodhpurs and carrying a designer "manbag", he shrugged off his money woes by visiting two of the most expensive shops in London.

The former middleweight champ, who earned more than £10million in the ring, owes £1.3million in VAT. It's thought other creditors are owed thousands more.

Before yesterday's two-minute hearing at the High Court, which he did not attend,he said: "Over the years, I wish I had taken better advice. "I want to put this behind meand get on with my life.

Extravagance The court order is the third blow to the 39-year-old this year. In July, it was revealed his wife Karron, 41, had left him. The same month, it emerged he had been forced to sell the £4million family home. He now lives there as a tenant.

Eubank's financial problems follow years of extravagance. He had a passion for expensive cars, including a £100,000 bomb-proof Hummer truck, which cost £22,000 to deliver, and a £200,000 Aston Martin that cost £25,000 to insure.

He insisted on travelling first class, with an entourage including a hairdresser, portrait artist and tax lawyer. Yesterday, his spokesman said Eubank was just back from South Africa, where he helped build houses for the poor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:41 pm 

Jealously that another celeb chooses us over you then Ollie? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:09 pm 

greenbadgecabby wrote:

To be honest GBC, if Mr Ewbank had the chance to jump into a Merc rather than a TX I think he would have done so, I know I would.

Probably another case to be argued for different vehicle types. I don't think you can really draw a comparison between a TX and a Merc Vito or the likes.

We drive an over priced pile of [edited by admin]. :oops: it has to be said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:33 pm 

Skull wrote:
greenbadgecabby wrote:

To be honest GBC, if Mr Ewbank had the chance to jump into a Merc rather than a TX I think he would have done so, I know I would.

But it would'nt be as chaep as the £2.60 estimated fare I would have charged. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:35 pm 

Skull wrote:
Probably another case to be argued for different vehicle types. I don't think you can really draw a comparison between a TX and a Merc Vito or the likes.

We drive an over priced pile of [edited by admin]. :oops: it has to be said.

Yep, I'm in full agreement with that one, problem is the PCO seem to have a bit of trouble in making a decision over a Taxi type, so I'm very hopeful a decision about the Knowledge will arrive after i've retired. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:27 am 

Ollie wrote:
BANKRUPT EUBANK'S 900FT TAXI JOURNEY

FORMER boxer Chris Eubank hired a taxi to take him 900ft from Harvey Nichols to Harrods yesterday - as a judge declared him bankrupt.

Dressed in his trademark riding boots and jodhpurs and carrying a designer "manbag", he shrugged off his money woes by visiting two of the most expensive shops in London.

The former middleweight champ, who earned more than £10million in the ring, owes £1.3million in VAT. It's thought other creditors are owed thousands more.

Before yesterday's two-minute hearing at the High Court, which he did not attend,he said: "Over the years, I wish I had taken better advice. "I want to put this behind meand get on with my life.

Extravagance The court order is the third blow to the 39-year-old this year. In July, it was revealed his wife Karron, 41, had left him. The same month, it emerged he had been forced to sell the £4million family home. He now lives there as a tenant.

Eubank's financial problems follow years of extravagance. He had a passion for expensive cars, including a £100,000 bomb-proof Hummer truck, which cost £22,000 to deliver, and a £200,000 Aston Martin that cost £25,000 to insure.

He insisted on travelling first class, with an entourage including a hairdresser, portrait artist and tax lawyer. Yesterday, his spokesman said Eubank was just back from South Africa, where he helped build houses for the poor
he hates miniscabdrivers as well as they say ban dont licence ltda allday