Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:30 pm
Posts: 956
Location: The Global Market
Put a man in a booth at the station entrance with a sign saying Station Cars. Make punters walk up to him he asks where they woulfd like to go , writes it down, issues a tickets to punter saying 'that car there Sir'.

The punter can then quite legitimately walk up to his PH vehicle and go merrily and legally on his way. :lol: :lol:

Before Nidge says it can't happen, ask Richard Matthews.

_________________
A member of the Hire or Reward Industry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:44 pm 
Does the guy in the booth ask a name and where are they going to.does he log the job with the details of the driver his plt no and his ba no .If this is not done they will be prosecuted.Does the booth have a change of use as a booking office has it gone to the planning officers for approval. GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME BEFORE WRITING GARBAGE TOM. X X X


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 44595
Location: 1066 Country
I'm not sure about Mr Mathews, but I'm crystal clear what happens at Gatwick Airport.

There, hundreds of thousands of jobs a year are given to a man in a booth, who then gives it to a PH in an Omega.

It's happened that way for the last 20/30 years plus. :wink:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:31 pm 
That didnt happen when i was there recently. Mind, not that i want to cause any trouble or wind anyone up like yourself.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 44595
Location: 1066 Country
Anonymous wrote:
That didnt happen when i was there recently. Mind, not that i want to cause any trouble or wind anyone up like yourself.


Then you wasn't at Gatwick. :shock:

You can get a PH from Mr Checkers (ex Manchester Airport) from either the South or the North Terminal.

The nearest official Taxi rank is about 4 miles away in Crawley, but hey you knew that didn't you? :wink:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:04 pm
Posts: 725
Location: Essex, England
Richard Matthews had Gatwick once, didn't he.

Did he do a swap with Checker cars for Manchester?

_________________
There is Significant Unmet Demand for my Opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:30 pm
Posts: 956
Location: The Global Market
Keep up Andy or Wharfie will tell you off.

Gatwick use to have Gatwick Cars. About five years ago it decided (probably prompted by Mr Matthews) to go out to tender.

The result of the tender was Airport Carz got one terminal and Checkers (what was that lovely man called?) got the other.

Matthews had some serious 'industrial problems' with the drivers he inherited, basically RM wanted them to work a bit longer for a lot less.

RM either walked or was pushed and Checkers found themselves with both terminals (lovely FAT man, full of p155).

Later on I believe (Ged will confirm) Manchester Airport decided to follow the pattern set at Stansted, Gatwick etc and gave rights to Checkers. Checkers then had difficulties (Fat man got found out) and Manchester turned to RM to offer them a cut, sorry service.

_________________
A member of the Hire or Reward Industry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 44595
Location: 1066 Country
Tom Thumb wrote:
RM either walked or was pushed and Checkers found themselves with both terminals (lovely FAT man, full of p155).


I was going to ask you about him, does he still have his mini-cabs firms?

Got a lovely house in Brighton though, but not through hard work. :(

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:58 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Does the guy in the booth ask a name and where are they going to.does he log the job with the details of the driver his plt no and his ba no .If this is not done they will be prosecuted.Does the booth have a change of use as a booking office has it gone to the planning officers for approval. GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME BEFORE WRITING GARBAGE TOM. X X X


I dont believe this!

listen pal, what tom said is not garbage just a very tight and sure way of following the law.

sometimes people dont want solutions to problems.

the solution for taxis is to try and stop permission for the booth to be put there.

one would think that offices on stations are rare, unfortunatly they are not.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:54 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Does the guy in the booth ask a name and where are they going to.does he log the job with the details of the driver his plt no and his ba no .If this is not done they will be prosecuted.Does the booth have a change of use as a booking office has it gone to the planning officers for approval. GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME BEFORE WRITING GARBAGE TOM. X X X


Obviously your comments are correct and if they try to do any other
silly approaches theyl be breaking the conditions of the L/A.This will lead to prosecutions for drivers of PHV drivers


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:30 pm
Posts: 956
Location: The Global Market
Oh dear I forgot to nail down the detail.

All depends on what your LO decides is sufficient for the info you need to collect.

I think I am right in saying that railways have exemption from normal planning rules and can pretty much do as they wish on their land.

I would also suggest that the booth is a temporary moveable unit which also falls outside the planners remit. If it doesn't you move it a few yards each time they raise the issue.

So turning a private, railway forecourt into PHV only area is totally practical.

_________________
A member of the Hire or Reward Industry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:53 pm 
Tom Thumb wrote:
So turning a private, railway forecourt into PHV only area is totally practical.
WRONG!! They must be out of view of the public, no PH are allowed to rank up on private land in view of the general public.

Next please :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:56 pm 
Clear your head and go for a shyte instead of talking shyte.
I would like to see mobile offices in my area in practice.
They wouldnt last two minutes.
The indians would burn them out ,and god knows what the chiefs would do.
But i wonder what the sittuation may be if H/C carried out plans to site mobile units infront of the larger P/H offices front doors.

Not long now !!! :arrow: THIS WAY TO BEACHY HEAD


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 44595
Location: 1066 Country
Nidge wrote:
WRONG!! They must be out of view of the public, no PH are allowed to rank up on private land in view of the general public.


Or else they will get a stiff letter from the T&G.

Oooooooooooh :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:17 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Nidge wrote:
WRONG!! They must be out of view of the public, no PH are allowed to rank up on private land in view of the general public.


Or else they will get a stiff letter from the T&G.

Oooooooooooh :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:


Correct :D :D :D :D


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dav_S and 59 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group