Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:06 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
A mum and dad have appealed for help tracing a hit-and-run taxi driver who left their two-year-old son lying in the road with a broken leg.

The couple's little boy was knocked down and injured in their home village of Kibworth Beauchamp earlier this month.

He ran into the road as his father was putting his twin brother into the family's car, and was hit by a private hire taxi.

The driver stopped a short distance away before driving off.

Leicestershire Police is appealing for help tracing the driver.

The family, who live in the village and have asked not to be named, are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

The car involved was a silver Ford Galaxy.

The boy's mum, 33, said: "How could someone leave a little boy lying injured in the road like that?"

She added: "We've been through a hell of a lot with our boys.

"They were both born prematurely and have been very poorly, so we've been in and out of hospital with them since they were born.

"This was going to be our first Christmas as a family where we didn't have to worry about hospital appointments.

"My son has a really big cast on his leg – you can see his toes poking out and then it goes all the way up to the top of his leg.

"He gets frustrated watching his brother getting on with things, playing with Christmas presents. But hopefully, he'll be back up on his feet in six to eight weeks."

The boy's dad, 36, said: "I'd just picked them up from nursery and we went back to the car. I put his brother into the car first and he started to walk away.

"I said 'no' and grabbed his hood but he was hit by the car.

"The driver stopped for a short time and I'm sure he could see what had happened.

"I was concentrating on my son, who was screaming with pain. I just assumed the driver was going to get out and help, but instead he drove away.

"I took my son to the doctors' surgery and they were brilliant. They looked him over and realised he needed to go to hospital.

"The people there were brilliant too.

"We are blessed to have the NHS."

The mum added: "I'm just thankful it wasn't worse."

Leicestershire Police is investigating the collision, which happened in High Street shortly after midday on Thursday, December 8.

In a statement, the force said: "Did you witness a non-stop collision involving a silver coloured Ford Galaxy and a child?

"The child, a two-year-old boy, was taken to hospital and suffered a broken leg. The driver of the car failed to stop at the scene.

"Did you witness the collision or see a car fitting the description driving along High Street?"

Contact Pc Nigel Whitehorn on 101.

from Leicester mercury

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:43 pm 

Someone in the trade will contact the police.

I'm pretty certain about that.