Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Review of taxi numbers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:36 pm 

Review of taxi numbers

The Licensing Panel of Dumfries and Galloway Council met on Friday 14 October, and recommended that the Council’s Policy and Resources Committee withdraws the current policy on taxi plate transfers, as well as recommending a thorough review of taxi plate numbers.

Elected Members heard that the current process means that those operators on a waiting list could well remain there for a number of years, due to plates being transferred between operators.

The Council’s Policy and Resources Committee will now receive a report with the Licensing Panel’s recommendations contained within it. Part of these recommendations will be for a survey to be carried out to detail if there are enough taxis on the roads and in ranks. Changes to legislation are due to come into force next year that may have a say in how many taxi plates and private hire plates can be issued at any given time, so any review will need to take account of these changes.

Members of the Panel were also in favour of some petitioning of the Scottish Government being carried out with a view to changing legislation that would allow for a level of flexibility to be applied during peak times.

Councillor David McKie, who chaired Friday’s meeting, said; “There are clearly ambiguities in the current policy. We need to ensure that we’re being fair to everyone in relation to taxi provision, whether that’s business owners, operators or the general public.”

source: http://www.gallowaygazette.co.uk/news/l ... -1-4260426

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:28 am 

I don't think there are that many councils in Scotland who restrict ph numbers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:10 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
I don't think there are that many councils in Scotland who restrict numbers

Edinburgh
Dundee
Aberdeen
Fife
Glasgow
Place outside of Glasgow where the airport is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:50 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Edinburgh
Dundee
Aberdeen
Fife
Glasgow

quite right too

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:17 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Edinburgh
Dundee
Aberdeen
Fife
Glasgow

Renfrewshire does, limit set at 235, of which 180 have Glasgow airport permits.

As far as I know most Scottish councils limit.

quite right too

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:18 am 

Paisley Buddie wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Edinburgh
Dundee
Aberdeen
Fife
Glasgow

Renfrewshire does, limit set at 235, of which 180 have Glasgow airport permits.

As far as I know most Scottish councils limit.

quite right too

There is no limit for PH in West Dunbartonshire 3 zones. Alexandria/Balloch, Dumbarton, Majority are saloon HCs and I believe the operators Provide both PH and HCs. Then Finally there are is Clydebank with a HC operator and a few street Cars and PH operator. Also a PH operator from next door district Glasgow. HCs limited at 159. And in the whole of the UK we are the most expensive County for plates and Badge renewal fees. There is only one solution to financially kick start the industry from research and looking in from the outside as novice there are many factors at work not just one issue and it seems to be the same gripes throughout the country (no not uber). CHANGE is Feared and MASSIVE Overhaul is Necessary to bring pride, professionalism that customers expect. I take emense pride in the service that I provide, i strive to deliver exceptional level customer care. And promote benefits and why a customer should chose you repetedly. It's all about the product and how you promote it. What I have seen is an absolute [edited by admin] show. It is pandemic,5pm - Friday, drivers change into smeagle all rules, etiquette and respect out the window. I'm talking about city were you see it. It's a rat race you have got pirates strewn like a plague clearly touting. And I am supprised there not been a major incident I.e stabbing, shooting, problem Uber, why because the concept is fantastic addition Key word - to the trade. As discussed on many topics it can't clone humans. I have got some really radical ideas and would improve imensly. But for improvement people need to embrace change and think future as initially to implement a few kicks in the teeth will need to be taken from all sides HCs PH LA. Firstly UBER does not work as an operator and may have missed the boat to work as part of existing well established reputable provider. I guarantee it can't sustain it why because if the concept was fantastic and was dog balls they wouldn't need to pirate. Why have there been increase in this activity because supply and demand ain't there. It more demand than supply. I've got so much more re want to say but tire. To Be contd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:48 am 

Sussex wrote:
skippy41 wrote:
I don't think there are that many councils in Scotland who restrict numbers

Edinburgh
Dundee
Aberdeen
Fife
Glasgow

You have changed Skippys post. He was clearly stating that very few councils restrict private hire numbers. You have taken out the private hire bit and quoted councils that restrict hackney numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:36 am 

My Bad I'll get back into my box ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:01 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
SaltireCabbie wrote:
My Bad I'll get back into my box ;-)

No I think that is Mr Sussex senior altering peoples posts although knowing Skippy he probably put PH by mistake

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:18 pm 

grandad wrote:
You have changed Skippys post.

Skippy changed that the little tinker. [-X