Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:45 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
from the Argus specially for sussex to comment on :wink:

THE witness of a collision involving a taxi and two women has commended the actions of two litter wardens who rushed to help.

The women were injured when a private hire taxi crashed in North Street, Brighton and the pair of 3GS Enforcement Officers came to their aid.

Witness Stewart Pierce said the environmental support officers “sprang into action” to help the elderly lady and her daughter.

The 32-year-old travel agent, of Eastern Road, Brighton, said: “I was on the other side of the road when I saw them get hit by the taxi and the daughter didn’t appear to be badly hurt but the elderly woman had sustained a severe head injury which was pouring with blood.

“From what I saw, these two environmental officers acted above and beyond their call of duty to the community by bandaging and performing first aid on the injured mother, as well as calling 999 and guiding traffic to avoid any more accidents on the road.”

The two officers stayed with the elderly female and her daughter to provide assistance until paramedics arrived at the scene.

The Argus tracked down one of the men that helped, a deputy team leader at 3GS, from Newhaven.

Asked to be named only as Max, 23, said: “Myself and a fellow enforcement officer saw the taxi hit the two women at no more than 15 miles per hour, and immediately rushed to help them as I believe that regardless of our uniform, this is what any member of the community should do.

“We made sure the traffic moved safely along the road until the ambulance turned up to take the elderly woman to hospital.”

Councillor Gill Mitchell, chairwoman of Brighton and Hove City Council’s environment committee, said: “The staff involved deserve a great deal of praise for the compassion and common sense they showed in this very serious incident.

“We recognise that the 3GS staff working for us have to some extent an ‘eyes and ears’ role as part of their duties patrolling the city.

“We would always support them in trying to provide reasonable support with incidents of this sort.”
Local shops also provided assistance to the 3GS officers and supplied first aid kits with bandages for them to use.

If you witnessed the crash on Tuesday, January 10 at around 2.15pm call police on 101.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:19 pm 

Sadly the lady subsequently died.

Very busy junction and road filled to the brim with people not looking where they are going.