Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:27 pm 

Black Country taxi driver sexually assaulted terrified sisters on transatlantic flight

A Black Country taxi driver pestered and sexually assaulted two terrified sisters during a nine-hour flight across the Atlantic.

Jagtar Sandhu, aged 54, was sat behind his victims on the flight from Toronto to Manchester and repeatedly asked if they could ‘budge up’ so he could watch an in-flight movie with them.

He went on to rub one of the women on the thigh and stroke the other on her breast while they were sleeping in August last year.

Jagtar Sandhu was found guilty of sexual assault

Sandhu, of Stanford Road, Blakenhall, Wolverhampton, denied sexual assault and in court accused the women of touching each other inappropriately.

That was dismissed as ‘tasteless’ by a district judge who found him guilty of the charge following a trial. He will be sentenced at a later date.

The sisters, who regularly make the trip from Manchester to Canada to visit their father, were three hours into their 3,400 mile flight when Sandhu started pestering them.

Manchester Magistrates Court heard he would tap them on the shoulder to get their attention and even asked one of them if they were lesbians.
The sisters eventually took ‘shifts’ to sleep so one could keep an eye on Sandhu.

Eventually they both fell asleep but woke up to find Sandhu leaning over them rubbing one on the thigh and stroking the other on her breast before saying ‘wait until we get back to Manchester’.

The victims – both in their 20s – were said to be were ‘too scared to move’ and waited until their Toronto flight landed at Manchester Airport where they told their mother about the attack at the arrivals lounge.

The younger sister told the hearing: “Me and my sister were watching TV and this man peered round and asked my sister what we were watching. Then he asked if he could watch with us because there was a free seat next to us.

“He kept looking at us and asking us questions and he then got up and nudged my sister and said ‘come on budge up’.

"We said no and sat down but still had his head between the seats. I went to the toilet and came back and my sister was really red and slouched down in her seat and she told me he had asked if we were both lesbians.

"We were alarmed so we took it in turns to sleep but I then fell asleep and woke up to him rubbing my thigh area. I immediately batted his hand away from me because I didn’t realise what was going on.

“Then he got out his phone and started saying something in another language and said wait till we’re back in Manchester which I took as a threat. I thought I was about to die.

“I was too scared to say anything so I just sat back down in my seat. Once we were off the plane we were walking through customs he kept joining the queue and then going to the back again like he was watching us.

“Once we were off the plane we met my mother and told her what had happened and when we got home we phoned the police.

“I was just scared I genuinely didn’t think I was going to get off the plane. I just felt sick and just wanted to get home.”

The elder sister, added: “My sister went to the toilet and he asked if I was lesbian. I thought it was weird but the last thing I wanted to do was make a scene.

“We both fell asleep and I woke up to his left hand on my chest. He was rubbing my chest and my breasts. I smacked his hand away and tried to reassure my sister that everything would be okay.”

Sandhu who denied wrongdoing claimed he had wanted to move seats as he had two children sat next to him and he accused the women of ‘touching each other inappropriately.’

He added: ‘When she asked me a few questions I asked her if she was a lesbian because they had been touching each other inappropriately. I didn’t touch either of them. If they want to set me up and ruin my life then they can – they made it all up.”

But District Judge Khalid Qureshi, told Sandhu: “The evidence that the two sisters were intimately touching each other is both tasteless and objectionable and I do not believe any of the evidence that you gave.

“The women’s evidence is completely plausible and I watched the demeanour and they were visibly upset and shaken about what happened.”

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/news/crim ... jG2YLQD.99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:39 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
yes he looks desperate :roll: but now he will probably get the opportunity learn all about manlove :twisted:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:15 pm 

edders23 wrote:
yes he looks desperate :roll: but now he will probably get the opportunity learn all about manlove :twisted:

Not for long though, if at all. :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:40 pm 

TLDR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:29 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
TLDR

TLDR?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:26 pm 

Ven doesn't like long articles so he marks them up with "Too long didn't read". This is too long for him to type so he shortens it to TLDR.

If you want to tell everyone except Ven, just do a long post.

:wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:19 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:
Ven doesn't like long articles so he marks them up with "Too long didn't read". This is too long for him to type so he shortens it to TLDR.

If you want to tell everyone except Ven, just do a long post.

:wink:

He must have changed it from TLTR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 pm 

Taxi driver grandad is jailed for groping sisters in 'prolonged' sexual assaults on late night flight

When he was arrested, Sandhu claimed to police that the pair were lesbians and that they had been ‘playing dirty games’ and touching each other inappropriately

A former taxi driver who brazenly groped two women on a trans-Atlantic flight has been jailed.

Jagtar Sandhu, 54, a grandfather, preyed on the passengers on a late night plane from Toronto to Manchester.

Sandhu, who did not know his victims, was sitting on the row behind them when he started behaving ‘oddly’, looking between the gap in the seats and asking about the film they were watching, a court was told.

He then asked the pair to move up into a spare seat, so he could sit next to them, which they thought was ‘very unusual’, prosecutor Carl Miles said.

One of the women then went to the bathroom and he tried to strike up conversation with the other. When she returned, he asked if they were both lesbians, before molesting them both.

During the ‘prolonged’ sexual assaults, he groped them over their clothing, the court heard.

Mr Miles said: “This was a public flight, I am told there were children present. They could not get away from this defendant, they were trapped and confined.”

He said the women didn’t feel able to report the incident immediately during the flight, in August last year, but told their families as soon as they landed and rang the police an hour after getting home.

When he was arrested, Sandhu claimed to police that the pair were lesbians and that they had been ‘playing dirty games’ and touching each other inappropriately.

It was described as ‘incredibly crass’ by the prosecution, who said he was simply seeking to deflect from his own behaviour.

District Judge Khalid Qureshi branded the claim ‘one of the most distasteful defences I had ever heard in all my years as a practitioner’.

In statements read to the court, the women said they had been left ‘traumatised’ by the ‘sickening’ experience which had made them feel uncomfortable and scared around men and on planes.

Sandhu, of Standford Road, Wolverhampton, denied two charges of sexual assault but was found guilty after a trial. He was jailed for 26 weeks consecutively for each of the two charges - a year in total - at Manchester Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.

Emma Hassall, defending, said Sandhu, who is a grandfather, had previously worked as a taxi driver but had been suspended after his arrest.

She added: “He has asked me to apologise to the women and their families emphatically on his behalf. He has admitted he had a few drinks before boarding the flight and doesn’t recall much of it.”

Judge Qureshi said: “I listened to the two ladies who unfortunately had to come to court to give evidence. I found their evidence completely compelling.

“Whilst yours was one of the most distasteful defences I have ever heard in my years as a practitioner. This was two separate assaults on two victims, which given the circumstances, are made even more serious.

“People are already understandably apprehensive on flights at the best of times without this sort of behaviour.

“It was a late night flight, which at the time was over the ocean, so they understandably felt they had no avenue of escape.”

source: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... g-12851550

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 pm 

That is probably long enough CC. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:00 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:

Most that court could pass.

However there is a question to answer as to why a higher court didn't hear the case.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:27 am 

Sussex wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:

Most that court could pass.

However there is a question to answer as to why a higher court didn't hear the case.

I was actually meaning the length of the post.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: