Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 pm 

Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:
We don't particularly like the public and solicitors being able to get hold of your private information i.e. name and address very easily, so maybe other areas like mine, make it as awkward as possible.

That's not what section 42 actually says.

All it says is that a register be kept of any convictions of owners, drivers or attendees to the specific hackney.

If the owners, drivers and attendees (whoever the f*** they are) are free of convictions then the book should merely show the plate numbers.

mum penalty increased by the Criminal Justice Act 1967, s 92(1), Sch 3, Part I, and converted to a level on the standard scale by the Criminal Justice Act 1982, ss 37, 38, 46.

41 What shall be specified in the licences In every such licence shall be specified the name and surname and place of abode of every person who is a proprietor or part proprietor of the hackney carriage in respect of which such licence is granted, or who is concerned, either solely or in partnership with any other person, in the keeping, employing, or letting to hire of any such carriage, and also the number of such licence which shall correspond with the number to be painted or marked on the plates to be fixed on such carriage, together with such other particulars as the commissioners think fit.

42 Licences to be registered Every licence shall be made out by the clerk of the commissioners, and duly entered in a book to be provided by him for that purpose; and in such book shall be contained columns or places for entries to be made of every offence committed by any proprietor or driver or person attending such carriage; and any person may at any reasonable time inspect such book, without fee or reward.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:42 am 

MR T wrote:
Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:
We don't particularly like the public and solicitors being able to get hold of your private information i.e. name and address very easily, so maybe other areas like mine, make it as awkward as possible.

That's not what section 42 actually says.

All it says is that a register be kept of any convictions of owners, drivers or attendees to the specific hackney.

If the owners, drivers and attendees (whoever the f*** they are) are free of convictions then the book should merely show the plate numbers.

mum penalty increased by the Criminal Justice Act 1967, s 92(1), Sch 3, Part I, and converted to a level on the standard scale by the Criminal Justice Act 1982, ss 37, 38, 46.

41 What shall be specified in the licences In every such licence shall be specified the name and surname and place of abode of every person who is a proprietor or part proprietor of the hackney carriage in respect of which such licence is granted, or who is concerned, either solely or in partnership with any other person, in the keeping, employing, or letting to hire of any such carriage, and also the number of such licence which shall correspond with the number to be painted or marked on the plates to be fixed on such carriage, together with such other particulars as the commissioners think fit.

42 Licences to be registered Every licence shall be made out by the clerk of the commissioners, and duly entered in a book to be provided by him for that purpose; and in such book shall be contained columns or places for entries to be made of every offence committed by any proprietor or driver or person attending such carriage; and any person may at any reasonable time inspect such book, without fee or reward.

Data Protection Act states you must be acting lawfully,Section 41 and 42 are the LAW regarding Hackney Carriage registers and all Councils must be compliant with these Sections otherwise they are acting unlawfully.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:42 pm 

And we all know that the law is an Ass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:29 pm 

MR T wrote:

Yes we all know that when the laws were wrote horses were in use but the man or woman who drafted this Act had vision way beyond anyone who has drafted laws since,RTA. was drafted using the majority of things in this Act.
This ACT 1847 was that good no one has been able to draft anything good enough to supersede it,everything that has been drafted and put into law since has made a pigs ear of it.
Look at the latest deregulation Act,it did not make anything better only made a bad job worse.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:33 pm 

heathcote wrote:
MR T wrote:

Yes we all know that when the laws were wrote horses were in use but the man or woman who drafted this Act had vision way beyond anyone who has drafted laws since,RTA. was drafted using the majority of things in this Act.
This ACT 1847 was that good no one has been able to draft anything good enough to supersede it,everything that has been drafted and put into law since has made a pigs ear of it.
Look at the latest deregulation Act,it did not make anything better only made a bad job worse.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:57 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Data Protection Act states you must be acting lawfully,Section 41 and 42 are the LAW regarding Hackney Carriage registers and all Councils must be compliant with these Sections otherwise they are acting unlawfully.

So nothing can ever change section 41 and 42. ](*,)

I don't doubt you are a nice enough fella, but your understanding of how laws change and/or evolve is very wide of the mark.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm 

Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:

I don't doubt you are a nice enough fella, but your understanding of how laws change and/or evolve is very wide of the mark.

Show where the LAW has changed with regards to these 2 Sections of the Act,I am not aware of any change and these Sections still get quoted in court cases.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:

Show where the LAW has changed with regards to these 2 Sections of the Act,I am not aware of any change and these Sections still get quoted in court cases.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:26 pm 

heathcote wrote:

The law hasn't been changed, sections of it have been superseded by the Data Protection Act, and the Human Rights Act.

Does any council publish a list of the criminal offences of proprietors?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:59 pm 

Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:

The law hasn't been changed, sections of it have been superseded by the Data Protection Act, and the Human Rights Act.

Believe the 2nd largest City in the country does put on their website all convictions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:11 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:

Believe the 2nd largest City in the country does put on their website all convictions.

Nah, the press got their info via a FoI, not from a named database.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:59 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:

Nah, the press got their info via a FoI, not from a named database.[/quote]

Go on the Birmingham Council website and see for yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:26 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Go on the Birminghim Council website and see for yourself.

Save me doing it just post the link.