Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:47 pm 

heathcote wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:
Sadiq Khan and therefore TFL are under immense pressure from the Unions particularly Unite and The GMB to dump Uber their employment practices blow them out of the water :D unless of course they make payments to their drivers as they did in New York for underpaying them and commit to accepting their drivers are "workers under the direction"which of course will delight the entire PH industry in London as they would then be obliged to follow suit, failure to do that would leave Uber as the only clean company ....................happy days,again illustrating that "Organized" workers have immense power =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

My sources indicate there;s plenty to negotiate at the moment and that the LPHCA and other Parasitical Organisations are sh!tt!ing themselves =D> =D> =D>

Uber should not be allowed a license anywhere,they are not "fit and proper persons" to hold a P/H Operators License.
Surprised that you are contemplating letting them operate as a clean company if they offer payments and rights to drivers,that does not make them "fit and proper persons" to be granted a P/H Operators license.
It would appear from your comments PUBLIC SAFETY has gone out of the window in regards to the pressure you are referring to being applied by the Unions,I do not think the Unions are only applying pressure with regard to workers rights.

Heathy i thought the implications within my post would have adequately coverd your comments. of course they would have to be "Fit and proper" under the legislation which of course they could not achieve without accepting the employment Tribunals ruling on workers rights and safety implications, reporting offences and if i had my way the working Time directives :D :D :D

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:07 pm 

we should meet some time :D

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:26 pm 

Bumped this thread as I think it's relevant to the actual reasons TfL refused to re-license Uber, and more importantly why they just can't fix any issues and move on. Which was the thrust of this topic.

In my view there is no way Uber can fix and move on. Main reason being is that TfL have accused Uber of not operating in accordance with the act, and have IT experts to back them up.

That in itself is a criminal offence, and I'm surprised TfL or maybe the LTDA have not sought an injunction to stop them doing it. :-k

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:28 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Bumped this thread as I think it's relevant to the actual reasons TfL refused to re-license Uber, and more importantly why they just can't fix any issues and move on. Which was the thrust of this topic.

In my view there is no way Uber can fix and move on. Main reason being is that TfL have accused Uber of not operating in accordance with the act, and have IT experts to back them up.

That in itself is a criminal offence, and I'm surprised TfL or maybe the LTDA have not sought an injunction to stop them doing it. :-k

Agree ,cannot understand why these Councils who have granted or renewed licenses for this company of lying tow rags have not revoked the license in regard to the public disclosure of documents showing they have lied to get the license in the first instance.
Questions must be asked of these Councils and their Officers as it now proves they have not done the required diligence before granting these licenses.Criminal acts may have been committed and in all probability have by a lot of people.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:21 pm 

Sussex wrote:

My question is, if a local company had acted in the way Uber have they would've been closed down months ago wouldn't they??