Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:51 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
wirral suburb of scouseland

A drunk woman who vomited in a taxi claims the driver threw her out on a motorway when she was unable to pay.

Vicky Abbott, 30, says she left drunkenly walking down an unlit stretch of M53 with cars coming towards her after she was ordered out of the cab.

Vicky, a Wirral Council worker, said she knew she had drank too much when she got in the taxi with a friend following a night out in Liverpool.

She admitted throwing up in the vehicle which she said led to the driver swearing at her and demanding £40, the Liverpool Echo reports.

But when she told him she didn't have the cash and would need to get it from home - she claims he locked her in the taxi and told her he was taking her to a police station, before instead dumping her on the motorway, near the Moreton Spur roundabout.

Vicky said: “I knew I had done wrong and drank too much and I said to him, ‘I don’t have £40 on me but I will get it from home or clean it up’.

“But he was just screaming and shouting at me saying ‘you are going to have to pay for this’ and then said he was taking me to a police station.

“I was locked in the back of the cab and he was stopping people and asking them where the nearest police station was.

“Then he said ‘I am taking you back to Liverpool.”

Vicky, who had got in the taxi with a friend, was in the taxi alone at this point and said he became aggressive when she questioned where he was taking her.

She said: “We had dropped my friend in Leasowe and he literally drove past my road saying he was taking me back to Liverpool.

He said ‘you are not being f****** sick in my car’ and then slammed the brakes on, so I came off my seat.

“Then he said ‘get out the f******* car and put his arm through and pushed me out.

“It was only when I got out that I realised I was in the middle of the motorway.

“It was teeming down and there were no lights or hard shoulder and there were cars going 70mph coming towards me.”

Vicky said she walked along the highway to find a safer spot, where she was able to ring her mum who had to come and get her.

Following the terrifying incident Vicky said she wants to warn others to always get a drivers badge and registration number.

She said: “I understand him making me pay but then there is making me pay for it with my life.

“I take responsibility for having had too much to drink but I repeatedly said ‘take me home and I will pay for it or clean it up’ and he was just having none of it.

“He chucked me out on a motorway and wasn’t a bit concerned that I could have been run over.

“How many girls is he going to pick up over the Xmas period who have had too much to drink?

“I had just had a little bit too much to drink and too much to eat and felt sick.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:13 pm 

Some folk are better off not being picked up....all nice when sober but animals when trollied.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:12 am 

bloodnock wrote:
Some folk are better off not being picked up....all nice when sober but animals when trollied.

I agree.

Would she have had the money at the end, I doubt it.

Driver is stuck between getting charged for kidnapping or chucking her out.

Maybe he should have chosen a safer place, but out is where she deserved to be.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:40 am 

Mmmm I smell bull here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:22 pm 

Enough savvy about her to call mum out to pick her up - could have done that in the first place.