Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:17 pm 

“TaxiPoint are conducting a UK wide driver survey on the state of the trade. The first of its kind.

It takes a minute to complete and your participation is vital is we are to attract mainstream media and key figures.

Take part by clicking here...

https://goo.gl/forms/vB0K2hcKT77mH5Uo1

For Scottish drivers much of this is not relevant as our legislative and regulatory framework is and always has been streets ahead of the rest of the UK.
But I am advised by the author that unless they have experience of the issues down South he just expects Scottish drivers to tick ‘I don’t know’ to the questions on P4H, PH capping, x-border hiring etc.

Not great but nonetheless I think the intentions are good and the survey is worthwhile promoting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 pm 

Cabhappy wrote:
For Scottish drivers much of this is not relevant as our legislative and regulatory framework is and always has been streets ahead of the rest of the UK.

:lol:

Quote:
But I am advised by the author that unless they have experience of the issues down South he just expects Scottish drivers to tick ‘I don’t know’ to the questions on P4H, PH capping, x-border hiring etc.

Regarding P4H ( :roll: ) is the situation in Scotland much different to south of the border? :-k

Quote:
Not great but nonetheless I think the intentions are good and the survey is worthwhile promoting.

Never heard of Taxi Point before, but seems it's run by three *London* *taxi* *drivers*.

https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/about

Which may explain why the questions look very *driver* oriented - from what I know the London trade isn't as hierarchical as in the rest of the UK, so they view things as very *driver* focused, rather than a bit more of a hotch potch of office proprietors, multi-plate holders, part-time drivers who don't care much about licensing and regulation, blah blah.

Interesting too how the survey seems to encompass private hire as well - couldn't imagine three London *taxi* drivers undertaking such an exercise twenty years ago. Anything to do with the Great Satan from San Francisco? :badgrin:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 am 

Dahn Sahf they got right in a tizzy about P4H. Apparently no definition of it.
Unlike Scots Law, we got it all pretty much covered.

Don’t know much about who Taxi point are but trust they are just genuinely reaching out to the roots level of the Trade UK wide.
If you check out what’s going on in that LahnDahn, lots of orgs and unions and reps etc bitching and sniping at each other you can see why TaxiPoint are looking outward.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 am 

Cabhappy wrote:
Dahn Sahf they got right in a tizzy about P4H. Apparently no definition of it.
Unlike Scots Law, we got it all pretty much covered.

I'm certainly no expert, but I thought the plying for hire issue was pretty much the same north and south of the border?

What's the definition of it in Scotland?

Quote:
Don’t know much about who Taxi point are but trust they are just genuinely reaching out to the roots level of the Trade UK wide.
If you check out what’s going on in that LahnDahn, lots of orgs and unions and reps etc bitching and sniping at each other you can see why TaxiPoint are looking outward.

Yes, certainly plenty bickering in the London trade if the websites etc are anything to go by, but suspect Taxi Point wouldn't have been 'reaching out' to the rest of the UK trade if Uber hadn't come to the party.