Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:05 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
http://www.runcornandwidnesworld.co.uk/news/16189002.Driver_who_complained_over_Mersey_Gateway_fine_told__take_it_up_with_police_/

MERSEYFLOW are investigating claims a man who received a fine for crossing the Mersey Gateway despite paying the toll charge was told by staff to “take it up with the police” when he complained.

Taxi driver Bernie Langshaw has slammed the company’s “shocking customer service” over their handling of a complaint he made yesterday morning.

The 67-year-old was stung with two fixed penalty notices on Wednesday despite paying the £2 toll through Payzone at a local corner shop.

He claims that when he first got in touch with Merseyflow’s customer service team, they told him Payzone must have rejected his payment, which can happen if the vehicle registration number is entered incorrectly.

However, when Bernie contacted Payzone, they denied rejecting the payment and said the issue was a recurring problem to do with Merseyflow.

Payzone has confirmed that this was the case.

Bernie claims that when he got in touch with the tolling company for the second time, a member of staff admitted they were having trouble accepting Payzone payments, but said there was nothing they could do.

He claims the spokesperson told him that despite paying the toll charge, he would have to make a representation or contact the police to get the matter resolved.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:32 am 

I received a ticket from them last week for one of my vehicles that was off the road being repaired at the time. The ticket gave the details of one of our dark Zafiras and the picture was a white Focus and the registration was very clearly different from ours.
Do they have problems with reading on Merseyside?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:41 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
I received a ticket from them last week for one of my vehicles that was off the road being repaired at the time. The ticket gave the details of one of our dark Zafiras and the picture was a white Focus and the registration was very clearly different from ours.

dunno not an area I visit much but i'm sure Trevor can answer that

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:09 pm 

grandad wrote:

Did they say it's never our fault?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:22 pm 

In the first month they issued over 1 million parking tickets valued at about £40 to £90 a go. As far as I know, everyone that has appealed the fines has won their case. They have also been taken before a regulator or court, not sure which, and were found to be operating illegally. Their system is total rubbish, the volume of traffic using the bridges has dramatically reduced and the firm in control is also in charge of another toll bridge in this country which is also having massive problems. The best thing when replying to them is to say you have supplied them with details that you are innocent and that any more correspondence from you to them will incur a charge of £90 or so, or more.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:28 am 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

Did they say it's never our fault?

No, When I rang the lady on the phone said something like, "oh, I can see what has happened, I will get it sorted straight away."