Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:18 am 

Appeal after taxi driver’s nose bitten in Romford assault

https://www.time1075.net/appeal-after-t ... d-assault/

Police have launched an appeal after a cabbie was bitten on the nose in a vicious assault in Romford.

The taxi driver lost part of his nose in yesterday’s attack, which is said to have been unprovoked.

Investigators are keen to speak to the man pictured.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:54 pm 

What is the f***ing matter with these people?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:30 pm 

Romford driver had nose bitten off, cash and dash cam stolen after fare dispute

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/15/mini-cab ... y-7633903/

A mini-cab driver had part of his nose bitten off by a passenger who refused to pay, police has said.

The 51-year-old victim was left with ‘life-changing injuries’ and is ‘too shaken’ to return to work following the attack in Romford, last month.

Following the incident, the suspect grabbed the taxi’s dash cam, cash and documents, before he fled the scene down a footpath.

Detectives investigating the incident have released an image of a man they wish to speak to.

Detective Constable Gill Garrett said: ‘This was a brutal unprovoked attack that has left the victim extremely distressed and too shaken to return to work.

‘He is still receiving medical treatment and has already undergone numerous surgical procedures.’

Officers were called shortly before midnight to reports of assault in Church Road, near the junction with Benskins Lane, on Saturday 26 May.

The driver had collected the attacker on South Street, and was due to take him to Noak Hill Road.

During the journey, the suspect asked to change the destination to Benskins Lane, which was further away.

The victim explained that this would cost more and the passenger agreed.

But upon arrival, the suspect refused to pay and repeatedly hit him in the face, before biting his nose.

The victim was found covered in blood and taken to hospital in east London.

DC Garrett added: We have released an image of a man we would like to speak to in connection with this assault.

‘We would urge anyone who recognises him to contact us as a matter of urgency.

‘We are calling on the public and the media to help us find and bring the person responsible for this heinous crime to justice.’

Anyone with any information is asked to call East Area CID on 020 8345 3512 or 101 quoting reference 9391/26May.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:18 pm 

Sussex wrote:
What is the f***ing matter with these people?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

The matter is that they were ever fechin born...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:06 pm 

Can't believe the police don't know who the scumbag is. :-k

The attack on the driver under no circumstances is his first offence.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Can't believe the police don't know who the scumbag is. :-k

Amazing no one has identified this head-the-ball yet, and same CCTV image reissued more than six months later.

Cab driver 'thought he would die' after passenger bit off his nose in violent attack

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/c ... 21386.html

Image: Evening Standard/Abiodun Olatunji

A cab driver whose nose was bitten off by a passenger in a row over a fare said today: “I thought I was going to die.”

Abiodun Olatunji, 51, has undergone four facial reconstruction operations since the thug pinned him down in the frenzied attack. Police hunting the assailant have issued a CCTV image.

The father-of-three picked up the man at the cab firm’s Romford office and had driven a few miles when the passenger became agitated and demanded a different destination.

Mr Olatunji said: “He started to hit the back of my seat. I told him he’d booked for the place where I stopped but he told me to drive on.

“He was telling me to go down this dark road where there was no one around. I started to get scared. I pulled over and said he should get out. He did and I locked the door but he then just stood in front of the car, not letting me leave.

“I didn’t get out but I saw he’d left his sunglasses so I opened the window to give them to him. He took the opportunity to reach in the car and pulled out my dash-cam.”

Thinking the man had fled, Mr Olatunji got out to retrieve the camera containing footage of the incident but was then attacked. He said: “He pulled off a wing mirror and started hitting me with it. I was on the ground trying to fight back when his mouth went on my nose. There was terrible pain and blood spurting. I thought he was going to finish me off.

“I thought I was going to die there and never see my family again. He continued to hit me, I was screaming for help.”

Two women in a passing car alerted police. “By the grace of God they came along, otherwise I was a goner,” said Mr Olatunji, who lives with his wife, two sons and daughter in Dartford.

He has only now returned to work six months after the attack, which happened shortly before midnight on May 26. Skin grafted from his forehead has been used to repair his nose and he was also left with broken bones in his hand and leg, smashed teeth and bite marks all over his face.

Mr Olatunji said: “I still cannot work at night, fearing every customer will attack me. My children say to me ‘daddy why don’t you smile any more?’

“I’m a changed man, I don’t laugh like I used to. The police, with the help of the public, need to catch this vicious man. I think he may have been on drugs.” The attacker also stole his wallet containing £300 and took the dashcam.

Detective Constable Gill Garrett said: “We have released an image of a man we would like to speak to and would urge anyone who recognises him to contact us as a matter of urgency.”

Image: Evening Standard/MPS Redbridge