Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: CRB Checks.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:08 am 

I should be able to start driving next week, ive been waiting for my CRB check to arrive.
Origianally, i filled in the form and got my disclosure back within 11 days. Unfortunately, my name was spelt wrong. (My name was spelt Jayes, not james and my middle name was spelt cloyd, instead of Lloyd). I sent it back and heard nowt for a couple of weeks. I then phoned to see what was happening and got a letter sent two days later to inform me that the spelling was wrong and that this was their mistake and that they would send a new disclosure. I got that today but what i dont understand is:
1) Why did the second take a month when the first took 11 days,
and
2) How could i get sent a disclosure with what amounts to a false name (when checked against all my previous addresses), without anyone their end flagging this up. Surely this makes a mockery of the whole process??
Anyone else have this kind of problem, can you claim for loss of earnings (I doubt it but worth a try?).
I do sympathise with them as they must have quite a large job going there and dont begrudge anyone making a spelling error. Just wonder how this didnt ring bells while the check was being done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:59 am 

Seems a bit slapdash.

But I suppose if they can let two fairly obvious spelling mistakes through intitially then it's perhaps not surprising that it took them a month to sort it out.

Post subject: Re: CRB Checks.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:31 am 

jamesvolunteer wrote:
1) Why did the second take a month when the first took 11 days,
and
2) How could i get sent a disclosure with what amounts to a false name (when checked against all my previous addresses), without anyone their end flagging this up. Surely this makes a mockery of the whole process??

Because it all done in Liverpool by people who couldn't give a toss. :sad:

Post subject: crb
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:40 am 

no wonder we can't get new drivers, just had a fellow wait 10 weeks for his check to come back, we had 1 position with 4 possibles this 1 applied for his check straight away on my advice, i told him even if he didn't start with me just by having a licence he could probaly get work with other firms, another 1 a good choice waited until an offer was made , he's back building now couldn't wait that long.
what i cannot understand is if you get pulled up they can chaeck on you in minutes surely all they have to do then is hit the print button, or is that to easy. if they had to run the bereau for profit they would be up s**t creek .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:01 pm 

Im still waiting for my check to come through, been waiting about 3 weeks now. Just been for my medical and got the knowledge on thrus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:17 pm 
i think the probelm is with new drivers.
but if they take a knowleegde that must take weeks or months to do.
so if they did there crb then. then by the timne they get cleaqrence should be near enough the time it take to learn the streets.
as for existing drivers.
our council lets them work untill a bad crb come back.

Post subject: crb
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:01 pm 

we dont do any local knowledge it's apply for your licence and away you go , but you try telling a new applicant to wait 10 / 12 weeks for a crb and most tell you where to go.