Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:26 pm 

Furious bride is late to her own wedding after Hull taxi 'doesn't show up'

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu ... xi-2066465

Sally Sherburn also booked several mini buses to transport her wedding guests across town

A woman has been left furious after she was made late to her own wedding because her pre-booked taxi was “running late”.

Sally Sherburn, of Willerby, was due to be picked up from the Holiday Inn Hull Marina at 1.30pm on Saturday, September 29, and taken to the Guildhall for her wedding.

However, the 52-year-old said she had to make other arrangements at the last minute as the taxi from 35 Taxis failed to show - causing her to be late to her own wedding.

“I booked the taxi on July 31, and I contacted 35 Taxis a week before and the day before to confirm,” said Ms Sherburn.

“When it got past 1.30pm, I rang them five times and I kept being told the driver was stuck in Witham and the man on the phone kept asking me what I wanted him to do about it.

“It got to ten to two and I had to call another taxi who came as quickly as possible, but my wedding was at 2pm and I was ten minutes late.”

As well as booking a single taxi from the hotel to the city centre venue, Ms Sherburn and her husband Stephen Davison, also booked seven mini-buses to take their 55 guests from the guildhall to a restaurant on Hull Marina.

However, she said they also did not turn up.

“The mini buses were supposed to arrive at 3pm, so I rang them just before to make sure they would still be coming because of what had happened earlier, and they just told me they didn’t have that many mini buses available and would never had allowed me to book that many,” said Ms Sherburn.

“We had 55 guests to transport so two mini-buses arrived and most people ended up just walking, but a lot of the guests were from Newcastle and had no idea where they were going.

"I was late for my wedding reception as well as my wedding.

“What makes it worse is the taxis from the restaurant back into Old Town, booked for 7pm, also didn’t turn up, and one taxi even dropped the guests off at the other side of town by accident.

“I just couldn’t believe it. I spent my entire wedding day on the phone to 35 Taxis.

“We spent almost £100 on taxis because we had agreed £10 per mini bus and taxi, and I wasn’t given any form of discount for what had happened.”

A spokeswoman for 35 Taxis, based in Holderness Road, admitted a new member of staff had wrongly allowed Ms Sherburn to book seven mini buses, and “apologised profusely” for the problems caused.

“The first taxi to take the customer to the Guildhall was running late, which unfortunately does happen with taxi services, but the customer cancelled the service before the car got there,” said the spokeswoman.

“We had a new telephonist working with us at the time of the booking who wasn’t aware we couldn’t allow for that many mini buses to be booked for one job, but we did offer the customer three mini-buses and a shuttle service with taxis.

“I apologised profusely and felt terrible as I knew it was her wedding day but we cannot control the traffic and we are not a wedding service.

“Our drivers are self-employed so we have little control over what they do. My staff were very kind to the customer, and it is very rare we run late, but the customer was acceptably angry when speaking with her.

“Again, I could not apologise enough for what happened.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:49 pm 

Booked job is a contract,this lot should pay compensation to the aggrieved party,wedding day ruined.

Not a good comment anywhere to be found about this company.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:00 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I hate wedding bookings we recently had 6 out of 6 no pick ups on a wedding out of Burghley

but of course the punters don't have to pay any compensation or be accountable for making the bookings in the first place and not bothering to cancel

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:30 pm 

I hate multi multi car jobs.

So much that I just press the reject button each and every time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:03 am 

Five minibuses and a number of taxis for £100? What do they expect? Pay peanuts get monkeys of nothing.