Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:39 pm 

Preston cabbies call for urgent action to stop parking in taxi ranks

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/politics/pre ... -1-9441419

Cabbies are calling for urgent action to stop drivers parking in taxi ranks in Preston city centre.

Image: Lancashire Post

The black cab operators say the absence of wardens in an evening and on a Sunday is just the ticket for motorists who want to avoid paying on authorised car parks.

And the licensed hackney carriage drivers are taking their protest to the city’s MP Sir Mark Hendrick after claims that council officials are doing nothing to tackle the problem.

“It’s becoming dangerous, as well as being frustrating for us,” said one driver Michael Apicella.

“People are double parking in some streets and blocking the traffic. Buses can’t get through and emergency vehicles would struggle in some of the worst spots.

“We’ve tried to get Lancashire County Council to get tough with these motorists, but it’s getting worse rather than better.”

Sir Mark has agreed to meet the cabbies in the next few weeks to discuss their grievances.

Image: Lancashire Post

In the meantime LCC has pledged to carry out more evening swoops to catch offenders.

“We take enforcement of all parking restrictions seriously,” said a County Hall spokesman.

“We have carried out targeted evening enforcement in Preston on 12 occasions since the start of August, issuing 60 penalty charge notices.

“We understand this has started to make an impact. However, we welcome the further intelligence provided.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:14 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
careful what you ask for what you might get is over ranking being targeted as well :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:04 am 

If there are no signs up and no yellow markings on the road people will park anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:58 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Nidge2 wrote:
If there are no signs up and no yellow markings on the road people will park anywhere.

even with the signs and correct markings we get a lot do it but they get frustrated at how busy the car parking is (always full even on a sunday) except the pay car parks further away so chance a ticket

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:59 am 

Thought I would share this with you.

i was parked in a taxi rank in my lotus elise, s2 and i noticed two poeple walking around taking details of the car and realized they were giving me a ticket for been in a taxi rank (didnt realise)! could not believe it as i just pop'd in to the pub after dropping a mate of to say hi to the lads! hypothetically - obviously!

I then jumped into the car and dried to drive off without them actually finishing issuing a ticket. One of the men run in front of me (car) and the other continued writing the ticket - - - -to it had defz not been written yet. I then reversed out the way of the guy ( traffic warden) who shouted ' are you going to hit me (drive me over) ' and drove off and the public in the bar all roared laughter.

As the ticket was not issued should i get it - they may have pics of the car on the rank but they did not get a pic with a ticket on the car? I need advice? the guy who was writing the ticket also stated that i was a 't***'!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:50 pm 

Quote:
I need advice?

And a brain. :sad: