Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 pm 

Not much of a story, but noteworthy for the headline, which gives impression that drivers are going round with 'hundreds of pounds' on them, which exaggerates things a bit, particularly after my £5 shift last night :roll:

(Not a long shift, certainly, but went out quite late, waited over two hours for a £5 run, then gave up thinking that at that time of night at this time of year I could easily wait another two hours and not even get a fare :oops: )

Taxi driver robbed of hundreds of pounds in Oak Road North, Hadleigh

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/173449 ... -hadleigh/

POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a taxi driver was robbed of hundreds of pounds in cash.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of robbing the taxi driver after the incident took place yesterday evening.

The 45-year-old victim was robbed of hundreds of pounds in Oak Road North, Hadleigh, at about 9.30pm.

A 29-year-old man from Rainham was arrested on suspicion of robbery and possession of drugs. He is currently in custody for questioning.

Witnesses and anyone with information are asked to contact Southend CID on 101 quoting reference 42/4000/19.

Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 pm 

StuartW wrote:
particularly after my £5 shift last night :roll:

(Not a long shift, certainly, but went out quite late, waited over two hours for a £5 run, then gave up thinking that at that time of night at this time of year I could easily wait another two hours and not even get a fare :oops: )
£25 for 5 hours last night, same on mon and tues :sad: Monday night was lucky, £15 in the first hour - then hour long waits (at 1st turn!) for £3 jobs. Some drivers were going two hours without a job. I'm ending the day with less money than I woke up with after expenses. :sad: :sad:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm 

Stick it out fellas.

Never going to earn more money indoors than you do in car.

Unless you are a spiv operator or plate baron. :-$

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Unless you are a spiv operator or plate baron. :-$
Whilst the drivers are out earning £25 a shift the company rakes in £3k a day in rents (100 cars @ £30 a day) !
:sad: :evil: