Contact.

Items No. Item
Declarations of Interest

Urgent Business

Minutes of the Last Meeting PDF 20 K

Private Hire Vehicles Licensed by Other District Councils PDF 18 K

Recommendation

That -

a) the concerns of the Liverpool licensed hire trade be noted and the Committee expresses concern over the current practice of private hire vehicles licensed by adjoining authorities waiting within the City of Liverpool boundary in anticipation of receiving pre booked hiring's;

b) the disproportionate enforcement activity employed by Liverpool City Council in inspecting and regulating the activities of private hire vehicles licensed by adjoining authorities, be noted;

c) the commercial impact upon the Liverpool licensed trade caused by the availability of vehicles licensed by adjoining authorities who elicit business from Liverpool residents and businesses, be noted

d) the increase in advertising of private hire operators within the City of Liverpool, be noted; and

e) the Licensing Manager be requested to write to the Department for Transport and Members of Parliament, highlighting the increase in "Out of Town" private hire activity, requesting that amendment be sought to the Local Government Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1976 to "Ensure the immediate return of licensed private hire vehicles to within the district council boundary of the licensing authority which has granted the vehicle licence, after the completion of a hiring". Its sad that after the taxi driver, on the font line moaning about Sefton private hire for years and years, the powers that be , decide to do something about it now, well talk about it . Ten years to late . streetcars .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:20 pm 

I see Delta drivers everywhere ....
They are like cockroachers.
Seen them up in Old Swan , and waiting round on Vauxhall rd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:49 pm 

andylpool wrote:

That may well be the case, and Liverpool council and their licensed trade may have a point. But their is nothing they can do about it unless the national law is changed.

But as they are one of the 'local councils know best' brigade, all their huffing and a puffing is going to get them no where.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:11 pm 

Its up to the Liverpool public if they wanna continue to phone for a sefton private hire for a liverpool journey :?
There are plenty of Liverpool Private hire companies which they could use and support for local trips 8) Liverpool companies must be losing so much work to sefton companies who operate within Liverpool.

[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:45 pm 

andylpool wrote:
well adypool i would not describe them as cockroaches . After all most of Deltas drivers are liverpool lads, just makeing a crust . Like you and me . Who did not fancy doing the Liverpool street knowlege . If as the last survey said, there was no unmet demand in Liverpool .Why every night you see them sitting in alley ways all over the City centre . Waiting for a dodgy fare . Or even a call on there radio, i dont think. streetcars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:51 pm 

the phrase cockroachers , was meant as they are everywhere. Not having a go at them. Good on Delta for doing so well. But im sure some liverpool drivers are a bit cross with them.
As for the knowlege ,, well some ppl can do it and for some its too hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:01 pm 

>>MIKE wrote:
Its up to the Liverpool public if they wanna continue to phone for a sefton private hire for a liverpool journey :?

Why do they use them? Is it price, good advertising, or just loads of cars offering a quick service? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:34 pm 

andylpool wrote:
the phrase cockroachers , was meant as they are everywhere. Not having a go at them. Good on Delta for doing so well. But im sure some liverpool drivers are a bit cross with them.
As for the knowlege ,, well some ppl can do it and for some its too hard.
Andy your right , there are some cockroaches about , but there further up the food chain, than the poor driver. Drivers in Liverpool know the problems in Liverpool are not all down to Sefton PH . streetcars .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:49 pm 

Sussex wrote:
>>MIKE wrote:

Why do they use them? Is it price, good advertising, or just loads of cars offering a quick service? :?
Sussex your right .Liverpool PH have sat on there bums for twenty years . What can you say a City the size of Liverpool without a Ph office in the City centre . Oh that joke in Stafford street miles from , clubs, bars ,shops, and every thing else . They phone Sefton because , every bill board has an advert for Delta or SRC . They are prompt cheap and if your lucky . you get a jag or merc . I use them myself . streetcars .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:07 am 

streetcars wrote:
Sussex wrote:
>>MIKE wrote:

Sussex your right .Liverpool PH have sat on there bums for twenty years . What can you say a City the size of Liverpool without a Ph office in the City centre . Oh that joke in Stafford street miles from , clubs, bars ,shops, and every thing else . They phone Sefton because , every bill board has an advert for Delta or SRC . They are prompt cheap and if your lucky . you get a jag or merc . I use them myself . streetcars .
MR T WROTE THIS ON THE CRABBY FORUM
Streetcar put this on to taxi driver on line, I hope he does not mind that I have used it on here, but it tends to go along with the post I was about to make. earlier this week I was speaking to the owner of Delta, and he informed me that they now have 1006 cars on this system and that they are still growing., at the moment they are having a old factory demolished and the new computer complex will be built in its place, during the course of the conversation I had with him he also mentioned the fact that the new system will also be able to incorporate people working from home answering phone calls and transferring them across to the computer sets up, this also gave me grounds to think of when will be the day that outside agencies will have the power to connect into this data bank and access each and every job a driver has done . mrT....The man from A team put this on the other channel . Is there another Ph firm in the world with 1006 cars ? Scary stuff .streetcars .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:12 am 

Looks like that PH firm have got the game by the balls. :shock:

Now one wonders if that firm would have been so huge if the local taxis trades weren't restricted? :-k

As for size, I think Addison Lee in London also have more than a thousand cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:22 am 

SRC are another company you see doing alot of work in Liverpool.
Ive used Delta myself, and they seem to be a good and quick service.
But ive heard a few bad things about some of tehir drivers , as in pulling up liverpool hackneys and asking for directions or even asking a cabby to take his fare as he didnt have a clue were he was going. :?
Should stick to driving in Sefton if thats the case ! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:13 am 

Sussex wrote:
Looks like that PH firm have got the game by the balls. :shock:

Now one wonders if that firm would have been so huge if the local taxis trades weren't restricted? :-k

As for size, I think Addison Lee in London also have more than a thousand cars.
Yes Sussex the local trade have been so locked into keeping Taxi quotas and vehicle cof . That they left the back door open for PH . We are paying the price . As andy says you see sefton Private hire all over the place . Hackneys can not compete on price , or even comfort . You cant do airport runs , Holiday camps Tx are to small .These the LA control . So in a few years when a Liverpool plate is worth FA . Whos to blame only the very people , fighting like mad to to keep Liverpool restricted. Apart from London is there any whare else with 1000 cars ?.streetcars .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:32 pm 
that is a lot of ph.
do any of the cabs up there do radio work? :shock: