Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:45 pm 

Well indeed I wouldn't want to directly compare animals/birds and humans, but on the other hand a pedestrian can walk in front of a car with little warning, and when difficult to see - between parked cars, for example, or when something's obscuring visibility.

Even worse, obviously, if it's deliberate, or if they're running or moving fast.

And, of course, not often that people are trying to kill themselves, but people do deliberatley walk or run out in front of cars occasionally, often fueled by drink or drugs, of course.

Here's a couple of low-level examples I took from the front of our rank a couple of years ago. Just kind of found these at random - got lots of stuff like this.

But check out the guy in the first video - I suspect he's not drunk, but he's obviously in a bit of a hurry, but manages to stop. But imagine if he was drunk, or whatever. I've actually had people run into the side of my car here - and I say they ran into me, rather than the other way round [-(

But guess who would get the blame if anything did go badly wrong? :?

https://streamable.com/5seh6l

No harm done, and unlikely that any major damage would be done at a junction like this, with relatively low speeds.

But check out this, for example - vision obscured by peds standing around (it's a favourite standing around point for students in particular) and a boy racer in a bit of a hurry. And check out the exhaust smoke :-o

https://streamable.com/h349e7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:19 pm 

That should never be a zebra crossing.

Not sure a pi** head would take note, but for sensible people a proper red-lighted crossing would help.