Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:04 am 

recorded delivery, Royal Mail says they delivered it Westminster Council replied saying I never appealed and have now lost the right to, pay up or we'll send the bailliffs round. I've written back telling them the situation. What happens next? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:22 am 

Location: Grim North, Carrot Crunchers and Codhead Country, North of Watford Gap
Sandy McNab wrote:
recorded delivery, Royal Mail says they delivered it Westminster Council replied saying I never appealed and have now lost the right to, pay up or we'll send the bailliffs round. I've written back telling them the situation. What happens next? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

you sent it recorded to which doesn't mean a lot in Royal Mail terms, signed for should have been the way, do you still have the receipt for the recorded delivery?

don't do anything else yet until you have looked at this site below, check your documents you received from the council that they are correct and legal, as they may not be, the bloke who owns this site has got thousands off parking and such like, give the show a ring, or do it off the site link, he will be on the Talk Sport radio Saturday or Sunday taking calls this weekend 2200hrs till 0100hrs on the Mike Dickens show [1089 am] http://www2.talksport.net/index.asp

http://www.appealnow.com/

good luck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:57 pm 

before.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:33 pm 

Sandy McNab wrote:

The fact that they say they didn't get it means nothing, as long as you can get someone to confirm you posted it.

If you have told them that you sent it etc, but they say tough, then just write again to them telling them you are going to appeal, and for them to hold on with the bailiffs until the appeals process is finished.

If you are a member of the AA or RAC they will give you free legal advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:13 pm 

IIRC speeding fines are sent 1st class and deemed delivered, so recorded should be the same.

ask here http://www.5ive-o.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12

or here

www.pepipoo.com

good luck