Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:48 am 

A lot to take in here, but read it carefully, then the girl's version of events below, which is still on her Facebook page.

The thread headline is my take on events, having read the Echo's article on the court case and then finding the female's accusations on Facebook.

Thug battered taxi driver and broke skull of man who intervened

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... e-16616037

Nikesh McHugh and his brother John Wright were involved in a wild street brawl

Nikesh McHugh (Image: Liverpool Echo)

Drunken brothers knocked out two men who tried to stop a taxi driver being battered - leaving them with broken bones and missing teeth.

Sheekh Hassan was set upon after telling Nikesh McHugh, his brother Jon Wright and sister Dilesha McHugh to get out of his car.

CCTV footage showed Nikesh McHugh chase the driver down Newington in Liverpool city centre, punch him and pull down his trousers.

Sam Higham, his wife Rebecca and friend Liam Moran saw Nikesh McHugh standing over the "terrified" victim and shouted at him to stop.

The clip revealed Wright headed over the road and shoved Mr Moran, who pushed him back, sending him tumbling over a car bonnet.

Nikesh McHugh then ran across the street and repeatedly hit Mr Higham with a flurry of punches, causing him to fall to the ground unconscious.

Mr Higham suffered a fractured skull, with bruising of the brain, and a broken left cheekbone, but fortunately has made a full recovery.

Mr Wright got to his feet and felled Mr Moran with a punch that knocked out five of his teeth and left him unconscious.

Nikesh McHugh then ran across the street and repeatedly hit Mr Higham with a flurry of punches, causing him to fall to the ground unconscious.

Mr Higham suffered a fractured skull, with bruising of the brain, and a broken left cheekbone, but fortunately has made a full recovery.

Mr Wright got to his feet and felled Mr Moran with a punch that knocked out five of his teeth and left him unconscious.

Liverpool Crown Court heard the taxi driver suffered abrasions during the incident, at around 2.15am on December 1 last year.

Jamie Baxter, prosecuting, said the siblings got in Mr Hassan's vehicle after he had already received his next job, which led to a "disagreement".

He said there was a "disturbance" inside the car and Nikesh McHugh later claimed Mr Hassan had made an "inappropriate comment" to his sister.

Mr Hassan was followed up and down the street by Nikesh McHugh who threw punches at him, before Mr Higham shouted across the road.

The court heard Wright struggled with police when he was arrested, lashing out at an officer while on the ground, and later spat at police.

Dilesha McHugh, 19, of Moorfields, Crawley, West Sussex, who pushed Mrs Higham over, admitted common assault and received a conditional discharge.

Convicted heroin dealer Nikesh McHugh, 25, of Manorfields, Crawley, West Sussex, admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm and affray.

He has four previous convictions for six offences and was locked up for six months in 2011 for violent disorder.

Martine Snowdon, defending Nikesh McHugh, said he accepted it was an "appalling piece of violence" and he was shocked by his actions.

She said it was not premeditated and the siblings had been enjoying a "family night out" before something triggered the taxi row.

Ms Snowdon said Nikesh McHugh saw a kick being aimed at his brother when he was on the ground and then assaulted Mr Higham.

Wright, 37, of Townley Street, in Middleton, Greater Manchester, admitted assault causing actual bodily harm and affray.

His 29 previous convictions for 50 offences include assaults causing actual bodily harm on two occasions.

He was jailed for 18 months for violent disorder in 2004 and was spared jail in 2018 for domestic-violence related battery.

Keith Jones, defending Wright, said he was kicked by either Mr Higham or Mr Moran while on the ground.

The judge, Recorder Mary Prior, QC, accepted he may have been kicked out at, before he punched Mr Moran.

Mr Jones said asthmatic Wright had his left leg amputated after a car crash and wore a prosthetic leg, which hurt when he fell.

He said his client was also in pain when an arresting officer sprayed him with PAVA spray and put his weight on his prosthetic.

Recorder Prior agreed Wright required a pre-sentence report and adjourned his sentencing until September 17 at Chester Crown Court.

She accepted Nikesh McHugh had not gone looking for trouble, but said: "It doesn't appear there was a great deal that caused you to lose your temper entirely."

The judge said whatever happened in the taxi did not justify assaulting Mr Hassan, who a passer-by said looked "terrified".

Recorder Prior also accepted Nikesh McHugh would have been concerned when he saw his brother fall over.

However, she said: "Your reaction was not go go help him or your sister, your reaction was to go and exact revenge."

Jailing him for 32 months, the judge said he instead attacked Mr Higham "beating him hard and repeatedly".

She added: "It's fortunate for him you did not cause any more serious injury. This could have been a fatal injury."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:50 am 

Found this on Delisha McHugh's Facebook page, posted 13 June, therefore just a few weeks before the trial, but more than six months after the incident.

https://www.facebook.com/delisha.mchugh.5

Delisha McHugh wrote:
This is HASSAN SHEEKH, Liverpool DELTA taxi driver. On the 1st of December he sexually assaulted me while I was in his taxi with 2 others just trying to go home, he was confronted but one of the people I was with and become very defensive and even took his shoe off to attack them.

After they had an altercation and the police arrived I attempted to explain to the police at the tie of incident what Hassan had done to me and that this was the reason a fight broke out between him and the person defending me. The completely dismissed me, then arrested me for allegedly assaulting Hassan, He had told the officers that I and the others had attacked him in the taxi, they arrested me instantly and refused to hear anything I had to say about the situation.

Even though I had repeatedly told them that I didn’t touch Hassan, but he had grabbed both my leg and bum while I trying to get out of his taxi they refused to arrest him. However, went ahead and charged me ABH against Hassan, placing me on an electronic tag and refusing to allow me back into Liverpool as Hassan had felt threaten by me.

I missed university, got dismissed from my job as I wasn’t allow in Liverpool and remained on a tag for 7 months, I reported the incident once again and got told that I couldn’t do anything till it had been through the courts as I was facing being charged, during this whole period I wasn’t allowed to seek help or talk to the helplines as I was on bail for a crime I didn’t commit

After having the charge for assault on Hassan dropped against me in court, I contacted Merseyside police once again as I now thought something would happen to Hassan. They told me they will not reopen the case as it was a while ago and because Hassan was assaulted on the night, they apologised because there is simply not enough evidence, apparently the two people who were in the taxi with me can’t be used as they are facing charges, although they have also had any charges relating to Hassan dropped.

He hasn’t even been interviewed but can continue his work as a taxi driver for Delta taxis roaming around Liverpool. Hassan is an opportunist he assumed that when we got in the taxi after a few drinks he could take advantage, now I was in a taxi with two males, I just hope that a female doesn’t get into his taxi while alone.

I just hope that no one else has to go through something like this and I hope that Merseyside police would take matters like this more seriously as they let a predator slip away. If anyone has experience anything of such a nature feel free to contact me as I will always be there for you.

This is the photo she posted with the text, not clear where she got it from:

For what it's worth, this seems to be Delisha McHugh. Avoid at all costs if you're in the Crawley area.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:50 pm 

Creepy, Crawley.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:04 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
who in their right mind names their kid "Delisha" :roll:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:17 pm 

Looks like the drivers photo was taken from the prosecution’s evidence, of which they would have had access to under the rules of disclosure.