Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:58 am 

Taxi driver robbed at knifepoint in Derbyshire village

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/ ... -1-9988003

A taxi driver was robbed at knifepoint in Somercotes.

The crime happened in Warwick Court at around 12.50am on Sunday.

A Derbyshire Constabulary spokesperson said: "A woman got into the rear taxi and restrained the driver in his seat, while at the same time a man opened the passenger door, produced a knife and demanded cash.

"A quantity of money was handed over and the driver's PDA was also taken – the pair then walked off in the direction of Belvoir Way.

"If you have any information which may assist with our enquiries, please call 101, quoting reference number 19*478368."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I'm sure I have driven through there a few times must make a mental note if i pass that way again DON'T STOP

here's hoping the little sh1ts get caught

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 pm 

Edders wrote:
I'm sure I have driven through there a few times must make a mental note if i pass that way again DON'T STOP

Yes, you tend to think you're safer in smaller villages, etc, but you never know, and ultimately it could happen anywhere.

But suspect they're outsiders because in a place like that they're not going to get away with it. Either that, or moved in from one of the cities and off their faces on drugs, as maybe the driver is implying here:

Taxi drivers react after driver robbed at knifepoint in Derbyshire village

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/ ... -1-9989761

Taxi drivers in the Amber Valley have reacted with shock and disgust after a driver was robbed at knifepoint at the weekend.

The incident occurred on Warwick Court, Somercotes, on Sunday, 8 September, at around 12.50am.

A woman got into the rear taxi and restrained the driver in his seat, while at the same time a man opened the passenger door, produced a knife and demanded cash.

A quantity of money was handed over and the drivers PDA was also taken – the pair then walked off in the direction of Belvoir Way.

A spokesman at Smart Cars Ripley, who gave her name as Debbie said:

"It is diabolical - I don't know much about it have seen this on Facebook.

"Why can't they just leave us alone?

"We can't do anything to deal with stupidity. I can't see how we can make a difference.

"I think it is people moving in from the cities like Nottingham and Derby. We don't have it around here I think it is people moving into the area from cities who think it's acceptable. In a close knit community it's not acceptable to do that.

"The most I have had is people running off and not paying that's only happened to me once. We had a situation in Belper where the driver had a run in with someone but not at knifepoint or weapons.

"We are as secure as we can possibly be. in my opinion if they are going to get you they are going to get you. You can be cautious and protect yourself if they are going to get you they are going to get you.

"I've been taxi-ing for near on 30 years and I've never had anything remotely close to this."

A driver for AK Cars Alfreton said he was shocked by the incident.

He added: "It's quite scary for anyone, particularly the one's that have to go out at night. The Amber drivers are 24/7.

"It's a very scary thing. It's alright having bravado and saying you wouldn't take my money but sometimes you have got your takings and if you've not been to the bank it can be scary.

"They have obviously got away with it so people should keep their eyes out for anything suspicious.

"I've been doing this 12 years now and I've never heard of anything like this.

"I have had people doing runners but not producing a weapon. It seems they were working as a team - I am shocked by it, I'm glad no-one was hurt and the sooner they find them the better."

If you have any information call Derbyshire Police on 101 and quote the reference number 19*478368 in any correspondence.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 pm 

StuartW wrote:
A Derbyshire Constabulary spokesperson said: "A woman got into the rear taxi and restrained the driver in his seat, while at the same time a man opened the passenger door, produced a knife and demanded cash.

"A quantity of money was handed over and the driver's PDA was also taken – the pair then walked off in the direction of Belvoir Way.

"If you have any information which may assist with our enquiries, please call 101, quoting reference number 19*478368."

A smack head crime if ever there was one.

Some people may wish they got some iffy gear and died.