Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 pm 

As some of the latter comments say, not the best bit of driving you're likely to see, but hardly a rare event on the roads :-o

Video on website.

Taxi driver metres from causing devastating head-on crash after 'idiotic' move

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu ... sh-3375147

The clip shows the driver on the A165

Image: Hull Daily Mail

This footage shows a taxi driver who could have "easily caused a head-on collision", according to the driver who filmed it.

The video, shown above, was posted onto the Hull Road Share: Improving Our Standards Together Facebook page.

Dean, the man behind the Facebook page, posted the video. He quoted what the member had said when they sent the clip in.

"Video footage of an idiot driver that could of easily caused a head-on collision due to being too impatient," they said.

"Tried to overtake me in my lorry, a car in front and a tractor in front but realised he couldn't make it causing the car in the opposite direction to brake and making me brake to allow him in front to prevent a collision.

"Luckily this time no accident was caused."

Dean shared his own thoughts in the comments.

He wrote: "Bad enough if the drivers alone but if the driver has passengers this is even more pathetic, if that's possible!"

Another person who commented on the clip said: "Should have his taxi licence taken away and go court for dangerous driving."

While one said: "Yep, I've had that same taxi up my a*** on my motorbike before, and drifting out of lane on roundabouts, sometimes with a brake bulb out."

But one person to disagree said: "Omg so many sensitive snowflakes. See this many times from all other drivers daily yet, when a taxi driver does it, all of a sudden it's bad driving ffs.

"I bet majority of you condemning him have done self same thing and the rest are the muppets that do 30 on a 60 road."

And another said: "He's only overtaken some slow-moving k***head probably. I see nothing wrong here we've all done this."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:49 pm 

Quote:
"Bad enough if the drivers alone but if the driver has passengers this is even more pathetic, if that's possible!"

Just like the cones on the bridge incident, has it ever crossed the minds of some of these people that it may be the passengers who encouraged the manoeuvre, for whatever reason?

Quote:
While one said: "Yep, I've had that same taxi up my a*** on my motorbike before, and drifting out of lane on roundabouts, sometimes with a brake bulb out."

Sounds like he'll know the driver's inside leg measurement as well :-s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:01 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
that sign on the top saying taxi it's a flag saying have a go at me

or whoever is answering the phone :roll:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !