Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 pm 

Usual PR, but this time probably aimed more at corporate investors than the trade, and certainly not aimed at the taxi using public.

Makes it sound like drivers are buying these vehicles because they're the Greta Thunbergs of the cab world rather than being forced into it. Although I suspect some *are* the adult versions of wee Greta :roll:

Best-ever sales month for famous black taxi maker

https://www.insidermedia.com/news/midla ... taxi-maker

The Warwickshire-headquartered company famous for its London black taxis has revealed that September was the best month of sales in its history.

The London EV Company (LEVC), which is headquartered in Ansty, sold 352 electric TX Taxis, building on month-on month sales growth since April this year.

Chief executive Joerg Hofmann said: "The TX Taxi has been a huge success and taxi drivers are leading the transformation to greener mobility, improving the carbon footprint of our cities by preventing more than 6,800 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere while benefitting from significant cost savings.

"This record sales result is proof that the strategic direction of the company is on track. Our approach is delivering consistent, planned growth as we enter new markets with new products and supports our objective of being the leading European green commercial mobility solution provider.

"The TX Taxi has been a huge success and taxi drivers are leading the transformation to greener mobility, improving the carbon footprint of our cities by preventing more than 6,800 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere while benefitting from significant cost savings."

LEVC’s range is set to grow further in 2020 with the launch of a new electric van, based on the TX Taxi and sharing the same eCity technology, along with the recently launched TX Shuttle, focused on the growing ride sharing and taxis markets across Europe.

By 2022, LEVC expects that 70 per cent of the vehicles built at its Coventry factory will be for export while the remaining 30 per cent will service the UK.

By 2024, the company aims to have fleets of TXs and electric vans operating in major cities around the world.​

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:38 pm 

LEVC chief executive wrote:
"The TX Taxi has been a huge success and taxi drivers are leading the transformation to greener mobility, improving the carbon footprint of our cities by preventing more than 6,800 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere while benefitting from significant cost savings."

Yes, you said that a couple of paragraphs ago :-s

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:35 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
there does seem to be more and more of them about there's one in Peterborough now but I suspect sales are more council push driven than driver driven

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:13 pm 

edders23 wrote:
there does seem to be more and more of them about there's one in Peterborough now but I suspect sales are more council push driven than driver driven

I do like the look of them, and if I was in London I would be happy to buy one.

Lots of money, but IMO a defo improvement on some of the rubbish LTI have produced in the past.