Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:35 pm 

Typical case of basically depending on whose version of events is to be believed :?

Taxi driver loses licence after young child gets dragged to the ground

https://www.glasgowsouthandeastwoodextr ... -1-5020248

A cab driver who dragged a four-year-old along the ground when he and his mother tried to leave the moving vehicle has lost his licence.

Adnan Tahir was fined £270 and issued three penalty points when he refused to let the pair exit his private hire car to go to a cash machine in 2018.

The child hurt his head as a result.

Mr Tahir, who has been transporting people around the city since March 2017, was brought before the licensing committee to explain himself.

He said: “The woman told me to stop because she needed to go to a cash machine. I did stop close to it but there was a car coming behind me, so I decided to move away.

“I didn’t realise that she was trying to get out of the car. I apologised to my customer and offered to take them to the hospital but the woman refused and asked me to take them horse riding instead.”

It wasn’t until two days after the incident that Mr Tahir received the complaint. Members were then given the opportunity to question the applicant about his conduct.

Councillor Alex Wilson said: “I appreciate that you held your hands up and have admitted your mistake.

“We need to ensure that our customers can get from A to B without getting injured. You had a young person in your care and what Police Scotland have told us quite distressing.”

It was also brought to the attention of the board that Mr Tahir had also failed to stop at a red light, while working as a private hire car driver, with passengers on board.

Tahir said: “This was at a pedestrian crossing. As I was driving towards the traffic lights they were green and only turned to red as I was going through them.”

Councillor Martha Wardrop said: “You have been driving for us for two-and-a-half years and there have already been two incidents.

“This is a case of dangerous driving. You have affected a child and their mother because of your behaviour and have not observed the road signs.”

Following the discussion councillors refused to renew Mr Tahir’s licence.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:31 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Mr Tahir, who has been transporting people around the city since March 2017, was brought before the licensing committee to explain himself.

So I'm guessing he learned to drive overseas :roll: where standards are MUCH LOWER

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:48 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Quote:

So I'm guessing he learned to drive overseas :roll: where standards are MUCH LOWER

Presumably this means he's had a badge for a couple of years. And while a possibility he learned to drive overseas, nothing in article that means you can be certain about that?

Likewise, not sure if that has any real bearing on case.

Seems a bit odd they 'tried to leave the moving vehicle' after he 'refused to let pair exit'.

Not clear what the fine and penalty points were for, precisely, but I doubt if it was attempted abduction :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:02 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Quote:
Likewise, not sure if that has any real bearing on case.

it does if he wasn't required to take an additional test to prove he was up to UK standards :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !