Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:53 pm 

Taxi licence granted despite Shawlands nightclub altercation

https://www.glasgowsouthandeastwoodextr ... -1-5020878

A man who bit another man’s ear in a Shawlands nightclub five years ago has been granted a cab driver’s licence.

Craig Paterson got involved in an altercation which led to a fight at the Shed in 2013.

Paterson bit his victim’s ear which then required stitches to his ear, left eye and eyebrow.

In 2015 Paterson was ordered to carry out 270 hours unpaid work within six months. He was brought before the licensing committee on Thursday afternoon to explain himself.

He said: “At the time I pleaded guilty to the charge. My then girlfriend was pregnant and was about to give birth. I was provoked as this guy started to give me grief and it led to a fight.

“I don’t have any anger management issues.”

Mr Paterson was then advised by councillors some the demands of the job.

Councillor Alex Wilson said: “If you are driving members of the public you will be provoked, taunted, some people will try and do a runner and not pay.

“They will be under the influence of alcohol and drugs. How will you cope with that?”

Paterson responded: “I am a totally different person. I have completed a customer care course and I understand how to deal with people under the influence of drink and drugs.

“This was a one-off incident that got out of hand.”

Members were then made aware that Mr Paterson had three penalty points on his licence for driving while using a mobile phone.

He said: “I have grown up a lot since these incidents. I am a man now. I have experience of driving at work and worked in McDonald’s for nine years. If I was ever provoked again I would just walk away."

Following the discussion the majority of councillors agreed to grant the licence for one year and issued a severe warning.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:02 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Quote:
Following the discussion the majority of councillors agreed to grant the licence for one year and issued a severe warning.

If the bloke does turn out to be a bit of an animal I doubt he'll pay attention to that :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:46 pm 

Theres a kind of twisted logic that it's better to have a man that enjoys biting Human ears sitting in front of you than directly behind you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:51 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bloodnock wrote:
Theres a kind of twisted logic that it's better to have a man that enjoys biting Human ears sitting in front of you than directly behind you!

It is also a sign of very bad temperament which would suggest he might not be very calm at the wheel :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !