Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:56 pm 

There have been numerous incidents at different locations around the town over the last few nights especially. Windscreens and rear lights damaged. One driver got hit twice in one night.

Crackdown under way after taxis targeted by youths with stones in Blackpool

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/crackdown-under-way-after-taxis-targeted-by-youths-with-stones-in-blackpool-1-10075423

Youths have been targeting taxis with stones – and police want to work with drivers to find the culprits.

Blackpool Police are currently investigating a number of offences of youths throwing stones at taxis and other vehicles throughout Blackpool.

Speaking on Tuesday afternoon (October 29), a police spokesman said that they are "concerned that this act of criminal damage may cause a serious accident".

As part of their response police will be looking to work with the taxi companies and identify these youths.

The spokesman added: "During the half term holiday, do you know where your children are and what they are doing?

"Drivers, if you have any dashcam footage or any information please contact us on 101 or via independent charity Crime Stoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

"We are actively seeking those responsible for the recent offences so if you have been throwing stones at vehicles expect a knock at the door."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:10 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
lets hope they get a few of the scrotes

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:44 pm 

Cerberus wrote:
There have been numerous incidents at different locations around the town over the last few nights especially. Windscreens and rear lights damaged. One driver got hit twice in one night.

Another one?

Been a rash of these stories from around the country in the last few days - Liverpool, Bury, Leeds, Hull, and now Blackpool. And the spate of vandalism in Portsmouth :sad:

Presumably it's all just a coincidence.

I mean, I doubt the scrotes in Blackpool will be aware that Bury cars are being targetted and reported in the local press, so presumably it's not 'copycat' in nature.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:11 pm 

Goes on all year round, usually gets worse around school holidays, and this time of year now its dark early. Just seems to be a lot more frequent at the minute.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:43 am 

I would advise the scrotes not to go to Liverpool.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35031

But then again............

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:26 pm 

Add Bradford to the list :?

But 'cabbie' AND 'taxi' in the same headline about a PHD :shock: :lol:

Cabbie's concern after yobs hurl brick at his taxi in Bradford

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... -bradford/

Image: Bradford Telegraph & Argus

A Bradford taxi driver says he is "worried for his safety" after he was the victim of an attack.

Zamir Ali says that, at around 6.30pm last Thursday, some youths threw a brick at his car as he was driving on Wibsey Park Avenue.

He says he reported the incident to police but was told "no further action" would be taken.

"The police don't always bother and that's becoming a growing problem", he said.

"Unfair treatment towards taxi drivers is common. I know many drivers who have been robbed and subjected to abuse", Mr. Ali continued.

He referenced a protest that took place last week, where Leeds taxi drivers gathered outside of Leeds District Police headquarters to take a stand against what they saw as a lack of police support. This protest took place just two days before the incident where Mr. Ali had a brick thrown at his taxi, he said.

"Similarly, the general feeling amongst taxi drivers here in Bradford is that we are also not being protected."

"The brick that was thrown at my car damaged my door and wing mirror. Luckily it didn't come through the window – I feel like it is only a matter of time before someone gets killed."

Superintendent Andrew Reid of Bradford District Police, said: "We are aware of the concerns raised by the victim in this case. All reports are investigated and if there are any lines of enquiry these will be followed up. We encourage private hire taxi drivers to contact their local Neighbourhood Policing Teams with any ongoing safety concerns - details can be found on the WYP website.

"Incidents like this are unacceptable and could have serious consequences. Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call police on 101 quoting crime reference 13190560193."

Image: Bradford Telegraph & Argus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:28 pm 

Often one or two of these kinds of contributions in the comments :roll: ](*,)

Quote:
Although I find it shocking this man be targeted by yobs whilst out doing his job..... I also hold very little sympathy for taxi drivers as I too have been in fear for my life as a pedestrian & as a fellow commuter from the appalling driving that is the 'norm' for taxi drivers in our glorious city

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:14 pm 

Seems that police have actually been doing something about this in Blackpool, and the number of incidents has reduced =D>

Or at least that's the official version of events, which I generally take with a pinch of salt [-(

Perhaps Cerberus can confirm?

Blackpool Police crackdown on young yobs throwing stones at taxis

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news ... 1-10086828

Image: Blackpool Gazette

Police have been on a crackdown against young yobs who have been throwing stones at taxis in Blackpool.

Teen thugs have been targeting taxis with stones and police have been working in partnership with taxi drivers to find the culprits.

Blackpool Police are currently investigating a number of offences of youths throwing stones at taxis and other vehicles throughout the resort.

But Insp Dave Wilson of Blackpool Police said incidents have dropped in the last week following intervention by officers.

He said: “We had lots of complaints from taxi drivers and other motorists about their cars being damaged by stones and other objects.

“The incidents were in double digits on a daily basis but on Saturday this dropped to only two and on Friday there were no reported incidents of stone throwing.”

“I believe this is due to a partnership operation approach between officers and taxi drivers in Blackpool.”

Insp Wilson also said the operations would be replicated this weekend and going forward.

A police spokesman said previously that they are “concerned that this act of criminal damage may cause a serious accident”.

Drivers have reported being targeted by eggs and stones, which has caused significant damage to vehicles, including smashed windows and broken headlights.

Coun Tony Williams, leader of the Conservatives on Blackpool Council addressed the problem at a Police and Communities Together meeting on Monday evening, which was attended by deputy police crime commissioner Chris Webb.

He said: “It seems to be a bit of a plague across Blackpool. I don’t know if this is going round on social media as some sort of stupid idiotic game that people think is fun.

“The taxi drivers know who these children are and they are reporting the incidents to the police and hopefully they will be caught and dealt with accordingly.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:38 pm 

Friday night it was pi**ing it down all night. Still reports of it happening.