Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:55 pm 

Some stuff from Liverpool licensing's Twitter feed last night. (Hat tip to TaxiPoint)

All text and images from LCC/Twitter.

Quote:
Officers out tonight issuing tickets to vehicles parked on Taxi ranks in the city centre.

Quote:
Knowsley PHV driver cautioned for failing to properly affix the licence plate to vehicle properly.

Quote:
Liverpool PHV driver reported for being parked on a Taxi rank in city centre.

Quote:
Bold Street Taxi rank cleared this evening of all vehicles except Taxis.

Quote:
Sefton PHV suspended last night for working with an illegal tyre. Please take time to check your tyres properly before you start work.

Quote:
A number of drivers cautioned last night for not having the licence plate affixed to their vehicles properly - it remains the drivers responsibility to ensure that the plate is correctly affixed to the car.

Quote:
Liverpool PHV driver caught smoking in his vehicle last night - dealt with by way of fixed penalty notice being issued.

Quote:
Sefton PHV driver caught plying for hire last night on Newington, in the city centre - Driver will be reported for the offence.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:57 pm 

Liverpool licensing wrote:
Liverpool PHV driver caught smoking in his vehicle last night - dealt with by way of fixed penalty notice being issued.

Unusual for me, but was in Edinburgh city centre in the early hours this morning.

Noticed PHV driving along in busy traffic, through traffic lights etc, with hand out the window holding cigarette. Not sure if that means he wouldn't be technically smoking *in* the vehicle, but at some point the cigarette has to be in the car, or he's not really got proper control of the vehicle.

Seen drivers in my own town do similar kind of thing when moving up the ranks, but this one in Edinburgh seemed pretty brazen about it. Presumably there's not much enforcement with regard to that kind of thing? Or maybe just a clever dick new driver who won't get away with it for too long?

Mabye I'm just a bit naive as regards what goes on in the big city in the early hours, but I'm quite often in Dundee and can't recall seeing any drivers there doing likewise [-X