Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 pm 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:
jimbo wrote:
So the jobsworths would “fine” a driver or p/a if they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

How would they know I’d just had my daily fix of meth amphetamine, and how would they prove it?

Been on it for years, btw, and I haven’t found it the least bit addictive.

:---) :---) :---) :---) :---)

you are sounding more like a politician every day

1st rule of politics never tell the truth when a lie will do :wink:

It’s you that sounds like a politician. I asked a question, and you didn’t answer it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:25 pm 

We had a similar situation in Keny about 12 years ago. KCC decided to unilaterally introduce new terms and conditions to their contracts which made the operator/driver/licence holder liable for ANY incident involving vehicles in school grounds, even if it was not their fault. There were other very onerous conditions which led to the contract being re-worded as the PSV operators refused to sign them.

KCC had to back down a bit. BUT, a few coach operators refused and still refuse to undertake KCC contract work because of this. Their businesses have flourished without the KCC school contracts. A couple have gone under, including KCC's own "Kent Top Travel" and "Kent Top Temps" in-house companies for various licencing misdemeanours which involved visits to the Traffic Commissioners, cases of unfair dismissal and vehicles being repossessed by finance companies. what they though would save the council money cost them a fortune but we've never really been able to establish the actual cost to the taxpayer. Every FoI request was witheld under the "commercial sensitive" banner.

BCC can't suddenly change the current contracts mid-term. Anyone that signs up under those terms wants their head examined.