Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 7:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 5914
Not much to see here :-|


Richmondshire taxi driver fined for operating in Hambleton

http://www.richmondshiretoday.co.uk/ric ... hambleton/

A crackdown on unlicensed taxi drivers operating in Hambleton has resulted in a fine for a Richmondshire based driver.

Andrew Peverell, a taxi driver licensed by Richmondshire District Council, has been prosecuted by Hambleton District Council for taking fare paying passengers in its district.

Hambleton District Council has issued warnings that action will be taken against unlicensed taxis operating in the Northallerton area, particularly late at night on weekends.

Mr Peverell was convicted at Harrogate Magistrates’ Court this month and ordered to pay a total of £882 in fines and costs after pleading guilty to the offence.

The court heard that in the early hours of April 14 this year Mr Peverell took five passengers from Northallerton High Street to Thornton-Le-Moor despite not having a licence to undertake the fare.

Councillor Ron Kirk, the chairman of Hambleton District Council’s Licensing Committee said: “The primary purpose of the licensing regime is to protect the public.

“All drivers and vehicles licensed by us are subject to extensive testing in order to ensure the safety of the travelling public.

“The council is committed to taking appropriate action against anyone found to be flouting the law.

“Our officers will continue to work with the relevant authorities to ensure that any unlicensed drivers are subject to appropriate enforcement action.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:17 pm
Posts: 2420
the common theme from the licencing offices and council spokespeople is to "protect the public" "from out of town taxis" "safety of the public". all this implies that taxis form outside the area are dangerous, even though they may have similar or higher standards than those found in that area. It's time we had a standard national set of rules for the fitness of cabs, just like we have on buses.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14059
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
whats with the "shire" bit in the name they are a district within the Shire of York or are they claiming to be a separate county

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 5914
edders23 wrote:
whats with the "shire" bit in the name they are a district within the Shire of York or are they claiming to be a separate county

Well that appears to be their official name, although strictly speaking not a 'shire'.

Presumably just some sort of historical legacy.

Image

https://www.richmondshire.gov.uk/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14059
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
StuartW wrote:
edders23 wrote:
whats with the "shire" bit in the name they are a district within the Shire of York or are they claiming to be a separate county

Well that appears to be their official name, although strictly speaking not a 'shire'.

Presumably just some sort of historical legacy.

Image

https://www.richmondshire.gov.uk/



tis a long long time since Richmond was the capital of Yorkshire

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:24 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45401
Location: 1066 Country
roythebus wrote:
the common theme from the licencing offices and council spokespeople is to "protect the public" "from out of town taxis" "safety of the public". all this implies that taxis form outside the area are dangerous, even though they may have similar or higher standards than those found in that area. It's time we had a standard national set of rules for the fitness of cabs, just like we have on buses.

If the standards were high then I think national standards would be a good thing, however cynical old me suspects national standards would be average at best, and would be a nightmare to ever amend.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group