Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:38 am 

Looks like it's a black-coloured saloon HC or PH rather than what many would understand by a 'black taxi' :?

The report doesn't specifically say why the girl got into the car, but it does say it had stopped to ask for directions.

Teenage girl sexually assaulted in 'black taxi' in early hours of Boxing Day

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/cri ... ay-1351999

An investigation has been launched after a 16-year-old girl was sexually assaulted in a black car in the early hours of Boxing Day.

Officers are appealing for witnesses following the alleged sexual assault in Boldon, South Tyneside.

The mum of the victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has spoken of how her terrified daughter managed to flee from the taxi. She has also warned other girls and women not to walk alone.

She said her daughter was walking along Cotswold Lane, shortly before 1am on Boxing Day – Thursday, December 26 – when a black taxi pulled over and the driver asked for directions.

The teenage victim told police she was then where she was sexually assaulted in a car park.

Her horrified mum said: “My daughter pushed him and escaped the car running across the football field into the bushes.

“She watched him slowly driving along looking for her before she managed to get home and tell me about it. She couldn’t speak when she first came in, she was so upset.

“I had to sit her down and try and calm her. When she told me I was angry but so relieved she managed to escape. This could have been a lot worse.

“I would advise all girls and women to try to avoid walking alone.”

The mum said her daughter described the car as black with a taxi sign on the top, no taxi signs inside and no ID badge. It also had a black leather interior.

Detectives investigating the alleged assault are now appealing for witnesses to come forward.

A spokesman for Northumbria Police said: “It was reported that at around 12.45am on Boxing Day a young woman got into a taxi on Cotswold Lane, Boldon.

“The male driver then drove to a nearby car park and sexually assaulted the victim by touching. The victim got out of the car and the driver left the area.

“An investigation has been launched and police are now appealing for anyone with information to get in touch.

“Anyone with information is asked to report it via our website or call 101 quoting log 740 261219.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:40 am 

Quote:
The teenage victim told police she was then where she was sexually assaulted in a car park.

I often correct clangers like this when it's obvious what the error is, but not so obvious here.

But I suspect quite a few words missed out here, and it relates to *why* the girl got in the car.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:38 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Quote:
she was then where she was

Is the ability to speak English not a criteria for journalism jobs :roll:

this reads a little strange so how did we get from a car stopping in the road and asking directions to them both being in a car park and a sexual assault taking place ?

I think this is a case of journalist completely confused or off their head when this was written

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !