Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:51 pm 

Uber driver slammed for peeing in Leeds road - despite toilets just yards away

An Uber driver was caught on CCTV peeing at the side of the road in broad daylight - despite toilets being available just yards from where he stood.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds ... s-17538089

The video above shows the driver pull over in Berkeley Road, Harehills, before getting out and shamelessly urinating at the side of his car, visible to traffic on nearby Harehills Lane.

His actions, just before noon on Tuesday, January 8, have been slammed as 'shameful', 'disgusting' and 'vile' - with many on Facebook pointing out that there were toilets available in the Harehills branch of Morrisons, mere yards from where he stopped.

There were calls to report the driver to Uber and Leeds City Council.

An Uber spokeswoman said: "We are currently investigating this incident."

A Leeds City Council by-law makes it an offence to urinate in any street or in a public place. This means the offence can be prosecuted in a magistrates' court, and a fine of up to £2,.500 issued.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 pm 

Sussex wrote:
His actions, just before noon on Tuesday, January 8, have been slammed as 'shameful', 'disgusting' and 'vile' - with many on Facebook pointing out that there were toilets available in the Harehills branch of Morrisons, mere yards from where he stopped.

Certainly quite brazen, but to be fair to the driver, he must have been pretty desperate in view of the, er, amount, and the video doesn't even show it all :oops: :shock:

And not so sure about the Morrison's point either - it doesn't look quite as convenient (pardon pun) on the map as it's made to sound in the article. And, although it doesn't seem to bother some drivers here, I make a point of not using toilets in shops, pubs etc if I'm not actually a customer.

Although I wouldn't do it where the driver here did it [-X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:41 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
It is quite common these days to see people parked on the hard shoulder of motorways or in laybys on A roads just stood urinating. I suppose in these modern times people aren't so shy or bothered what others think

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:39 pm 

edders23 wrote:
It is quite common these days to see people parked on the hard shoulder of motorways or in laybys on A roads just stood urinating. I suppose in these modern times people aren't so shy or bothered what others think

I think in Asian countries it's the norm.