Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 5664
Sound advice to passengers, but not sure how practical it all is in a real-world scenario :?

And not sure either if issuing this kind of advice to customers via the press is necessarily good for business either :-k

And odd to include the rental discount for drivers in this too, which is presumably just a cut and paste press release job :-|


Advice issued to everyone catching a taxi during coronavirus pandemic

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/p ... xi-3965984

The coronavirus pandemic means both drivers and passengers are having to do things differently

Taxi drivers have found themselves suffering more than most during the current coronavirus pandemic.

Not only does the job require the drivers to come into direct contact with their passengers, but there are also fewer people than ever taking them.

Need A Cab Plymouth have revealed all of the steps they are taking to maintain business as usual, including advice to passengers who are thinking of booking a taxi.

Passengers

    Any members of the general public who are showing symptoms of COVID-19 should refrain from booking a taxi.

    Pay by card where possible.

    Travel in the back seat where possible in order to practise distancing.

    Where possible, all customers should load and unload their own luggage.

    If the customer is unable to do so, drivers can wipe the handles before and after lifting the luggage into the vehicle.

Drivers

    All Need A Cab drivers have been told that they should not return to work if they are feeling unwell or are showing any symptoms of COVID-19.

    A 20 per cent reduction in rent has been granted for all Hackney Cab Full System and Private Hire Drivers in order to ease any financial burdens.

    A 20 rent reduction granted also for all Station Only Hackney Cabs - still operating as usual from all train stations.

    Extra care will be taken in maintaining the cleanliness of their vehicle and to avoid hand contact to ensure no contamination - all necessary resources have been provided to action these steps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45027
Location: 1066 Country
Hard to criticise a reduction in weekly rent, but isn't a 20% drop just a case of pi**ing in the wind.

£20-£30 a week isn't going to get anywhere near the drastic drop in wages the trade is suffering from.

Sadly. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 13884
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I am giving mine 100 percent discount as they can barely make enough to feed themselves at the moment so no point asking them for money as they won't have any :roll:

The only positive is we are bumping along the bottom at the moment with plenty wanting to shop once they have all got cupboards jam packed we may not have anything much at all

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4069
Location: Lincoln
edders23 wrote:
I am giving mine 100 percent discount as they can barely make enough to feed themselves at the moment so no point asking them for money as they won't have any :roll:

The only positive is we are bumping along the bottom at the moment with plenty wanting to shop once they have all got cupboards jam packed we may not have anything much at all


I hate jam.

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 13884
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
I am giving mine 100 percent discount as they can barely make enough to feed themselves at the moment so no point asking them for money as they won't have any :roll:

The only positive is we are bumping along the bottom at the moment with plenty wanting to shop once they have all got cupboards jam packed we may not have anything much at all


I hate jam.



can't beat a lovely bit of raspberry jam :D

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3185
Location: Plymouth
edders23 wrote:
can't beat a lovely bit of raspberry jam :D

It is good for seasickness........




...............Doesn't make you feel any better........




............................Tastes as good coming up as it did going down though!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18085
There are that many people offering free lifts around here we may just stop working for a while.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 13884
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
After tonight's announcement by BOJO we may as well all give up

all that is left is the occasional nurse/carer to work if they haven't got hubby/boyfriend or whatever sat at home getting bored available to run them about and a few trips to and from the supermarkets/chemists :roll:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 1872
grandad wrote:
There are that many people offering free lifts around here we may just stop working for a while.


I have for the last fortnight and the foreseeable future.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45027
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
The only positive is we are bumping along the bottom at the moment with plenty wanting to shop once they have all got cupboards jam packed we may not have anything much at all

The current mindset for many in society is when one cupboard is full they fill the wardrobes, and when they are full they buy more cupboards and wardrobes.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 1872
Sussex wrote:
Quote:
The only positive is we are bumping along the bottom at the moment with plenty wanting to shop once they have all got cupboards jam packed we may not have anything much at all

The current mindset for many in society is when one cupboard is full they fill the wardrobes, and when they are full they buy more cupboards and wardrobes.

The sales of freezers has shot up since the beginning of this crisis.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18085
heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Quote:
The only positive is we are bumping along the bottom at the moment with plenty wanting to shop once they have all got cupboards jam packed we may not have anything much at all

The current mindset for many in society is when one cupboard is full they fill the wardrobes, and when they are full they buy more cupboards and wardrobes.

The sales of freezers has shot up since the beginning of this crisis.

I have been looking into buying a new freezer but I dare not do it now in case people see it being delivered and think I am stocking up with excess food.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 13884
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Once they've all managed to stock up the supermarket shelves will gradually refill and unless Bojo shuts the supermarkets as well should be OK in a week or two especially after 40000 ne shelf stackers recruited

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45027
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
I have been looking into buying a new freezer but I dare not do it now in case people see it being delivered and think I am stocking up with excess food.

Or killed the Mrs.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloodnock, Google [Bot], Tom Thumb and 46 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group