Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 6212
StuartW wrote:
And stand by for a rash of councils moving to compulsory card readers in the latter half of this year.

Well I was wrong about that, but said it when didn't realise councils would still be more or less in lockdown (along with much of the rest of society) by the autumn, and with a good chance of restrictions being tightened rather than eased :sad:

But as regards the cashless society thing, not sure I've noticed a lot of difference, and it's still mainly the students who want to pay by card here.

Of course, those who consider themselves higher risk won't be using taxis so much, so maybe when (or if) they reappear, they'll be more inclined to want to use cards :-|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 46139
Location: 1066 Country
Every month an increasing % of my jobs are card payments.

Will it ever be 100%, very much doubt it. But it wouldn't worry me one bit.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4221
Location: Lincoln
Sussex wrote:
Every month an increasing % of my jobs are card payments.

Will it ever be 100%, very much doubt it. But it wouldn't worry me one bit.


Wouldn’t worry me either, but strangely, cash payments are in the ascendancy. ( here)

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8537
jimbo wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Every month an increasing % of my jobs are card payments.

Will it ever be 100%, very much doubt it. But it wouldn't worry me one bit.


Wouldn’t worry me either, but strangely, cash payments are in the ascendancy. ( here)


Here to, Indeed a lot of Business's are taking cash only, Chippies, Takeaways etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18338
bloodnock wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Every month an increasing % of my jobs are card payments.

Will it ever be 100%, very much doubt it. But it wouldn't worry me one bit.


Wouldn’t worry me either, but strangely, cash payments are in the ascendancy. ( here)


Here to, Indeed a lot of Business's are taking cash only, Chippies, Takeaways etc.

Around here it is the opposite. most businesses prefer card.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:05 am
Posts: 137
I know a few people, drivers and tradesmen, who are always saying how cash is king and that they'll never take card. I've no idea why they bother with their jobs tho, cos when you talk to them they're only making £10k per year, maybe they should go get a job in Tesco, it pays better :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group