Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:24 pm 

Blackburn taxi boss returns £3,000 cash to customer after it was left in cab

THOUSANDS of pounds in cash has been reunited with its rightful owner after it was left on the back seat of a taxi. A wallet containing £3,000 in notes was left in a Highfield cab after a driver had completed a pick-up in Tockholes.

However the driver didn’t notice that anything had been left behind by his customers and it wasn’t until they called the firm that he was made aware the money had gone missing. By this stage, driver Imran Fatakiya had picked up and dropped off a further three passengers in Blackburn and Darwen.

Speaking about the drama, the firm’s owner Foxy Khan said: “Amazingly, the black wallet, containing all of the cash, was still in the back of Imran’s car. “I was here at base when we received a phone call to say the customers we had collected from Tockholes had accidentally dropped £3,000 in the cab.

“They had been on their way to view a pony, that is why they had the money with them. I rang Imran and managed to get him to pull over and check to see if there was anything there. “The fact he had completed another three journeys by that point and nobody had picked it up is the most amazing thing about all of this.”

Mr Khan, who has owned Highfield Taxis for 15 years, said he was pleased when he could ring up the rightful owners of the money to say the cash was still there safe and sound.

They then arranged for them to come into the office and collect the wallet. He said: “We pride ourselves on being honest with all of my customers. “If ever we find things in the taxis, which we do quite regularly, we’ll either track down the fare that left it or put an appeal out on our Facebook page for people to see and share.”

The firm’s social media pages have now been awash with praise for Mr Khan and his drivers after they posted a picture of the money being reunited with its owners. One user said: “Respect to the driver and firm. Some good is needed in times like this.”

Another added: “This is lovely to see I’m glad there was a happy ending.”

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 pm 

Quote:
He said: “We pride ourselves on being honest with all of my customers. “If ever we find things in the taxis, which we do quite regularly, we’ll either track down the fare that left it or put an appeal out on our Facebook page for people to see and share.”

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 pm 

Well done that man...but Smoking in the workplace, that's a no no.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:44 am 

Quote:
“They had been on their way to view a pony..."

Certainly a lot more than a pony in the wallet...

And a guy called Foxy talking about a pony is mildy amusing as well :)

bloodnock wrote:
Well done that man...but Smoking in the workplace, that's a no no.

Well spotted - I was too busy looking at how neat and tidy the notes are, which I'm not sure makes it look dodgy or not dodgy. And the notes all look brand new as well, although maybe that just suggests they were withdrawn from a bank.

(Although I suppose that's more likely in a place like Blackburn, where the notes all likely to be Bank of England. Here, only a minority of notes are BofE, and the rest a mix of Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of Scotland, and Clydesdale Bank. So unless they're maybe from a cash point or bank, or you sorted your taxi takings into separate bundles by bank, you certainly wouldn't end up with a pile like that here.)

But when the article said that the firm "posted a picture of the money being reunited with its owners", I assumed it was legit.

But had a look on the firm's Facebook page, and there's no photo as such, only another photo of the cash and wallet:

So that may well be a photo of the cash being handed back, but certainly doesn't make it look any more legit.

But suspect some town hall zealots will be raising their eyebrows over the smoking thing.

And is travelling by taxi to buy a pony allowed during lockdown?

But it's not Dominic Cummings, so they might get away with it [-(

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:48 am 

Although someone who looks legit has posted this on Facebook:

Quote:
I can't Thankyou enough foxy, I can now get my new horse and continue my biulding work, bismillah..

So presumably perfectly legitimate after all =D>

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:33 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Quote:
And is travelling by taxi to buy a pony allowed during lockdown?

probably not but if it's anything round here a lot of people are ignoring the rules to suit

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:38 am 

Isn’t it a condition of a licence to check the vehicle after every hire ???

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:39 am 

x-ray wrote:

Not always easy to do if the Passengers are hot bunking.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:28 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
x-ray wrote:

Not always easy to do if the Passengers are hot bunking.

I wish!! :D