Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
It's worth pointing out that there is nothing stopping us wearing face masks whilst we are working.

And, IMO, there is nothing stopping us legally refusing punters that refuse to wear them in our cars.



I am trying to encourage it but not even the care home staff prepared to wear them outside of work let alone the shoppers

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4130
Location: Lincoln
edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
It's worth pointing out that there is nothing stopping us wearing face masks whilst we are working.

And, IMO, there is nothing stopping us legally refusing punters that refuse to wear them in our cars.



I am trying to encourage it but not even the care home staff prepared to wear them outside of work let alone the shoppers



You are trying to encourage what, exactly?

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18260
I refused passengers yesterday because the refused to use hand sanitiser.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
I refused passengers yesterday because the refused to use hand sanitiser.



the main thing is for you to use it after they have exited the car.

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18260
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
I refused passengers yesterday because the refused to use hand sanitiser.



the main thing is for you to use it after they have exited the car.

Says who? We have put in place a procedure that makes it a condition of travel that all passengers must use hand sanitiser before entering the car along with the driver must wear a face mask and all seatbelts and door furniture must be disinfected before a passenger enters the vehicle.
now do you think that having made these conditions for the safety of our drivers and the travelling public that we should just ignore them because someone doesn't want to do as requested?

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4130
Location: Lincoln
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
I refused passengers yesterday because the refused to use hand sanitiser.



the main thing is for you to use it after they have exited the car.


The main thing is to have two metres between the driver and any passengers, but that rule seems to be conveniently ignored by saloon car driving hackney/ ph drivers.

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 6019
jimbo wrote:
The main thing is to have two metres between the driver and any passengers, but that rule seems to be conveniently ignored by saloon car driving hackney/ ph drivers.

But apparently the rule is really 1m, but they just made it 2m because we're all too thick to understand it.

https://conservativewoman.co.uk/the-rea ... stupidity/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18260
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
I refused passengers yesterday because the refused to use hand sanitiser.



the main thing is for you to use it after they have exited the car.


The main thing is to have two metres between the driver and any passengers, but that rule seems to be conveniently ignored by saloon car driving hackney/ ph drivers.

Actually, if you read the latest guidance it says that people should stay 2 metres apart WHERE POSSIBLE.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
In Holland it is 1.5 metres the US 6 ft BUT if someone sneezes the snot can fly up to 10 metres 30ft +

so it is irrelevant in that respect. If compulsory mask wearing had come in in February; we would not have had half the deaths we've had BUT of course that would have impacted on supplies for the NHS

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18260
edders23 wrote:
In Holland it is 1.5 metres the US 6 ft BUT if someone sneezes the snot can fly up to 10 metres 30ft +

so it is irrelevant in that respect. If compulsory mask wearing had come in in February; we would not have had half the deaths we've had BUT of course that would have impacted on supplies for the NHS

Are you a scientist now? because that is not what the scientific evidence at the time was saying.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
In Holland it is 1.5 metres the US 6 ft BUT if someone sneezes the snot can fly up to 10 metres 30ft +

so it is irrelevant in that respect. If compulsory mask wearing had come in in February; we would not have had half the deaths we've had BUT of course that would have impacted on supplies for the NHS

Are you a scientist now? because that is not what the scientific evidence at the time was saying.



up to A level yes but with a basic knowledge of science it is quite easy to find and read a lot of stuff around this. The government advice has changed not because the science has changed but because they didn't want people panic buying PPE thus depriving the NHS of supplies. Countries who did enforce face mask wearing such as Thailand and south korea have had significantly lower infection rates than we have

The government has been telling us what they want us to believe not what the real scientific advice should have been.

Politics is often about convenience over honesty in order to prevent panic because as a country we were were probably less well prepared for a pandemic than nearly every other developed economy

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45698
Location: 1066 Country
grandad wrote:
I refused passengers yesterday because the refused to use hand sanitiser.

What is the matter with these people? ](*,)

But did they walk or did another cab/PH take them?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45698
Location: 1066 Country
Boots are selling 50 disposable masks for £30 if anyone needs them.

https://www.boots.com/lyncmed-disposabl ... k-10285086

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8485
grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
I refused passengers yesterday because the refused to use hand sanitiser.



the main thing is for you to use it after they have exited the car.


The main thing is to have two metres between the driver and any passengers, but that rule seems to be conveniently ignored by saloon car driving hackney/ ph drivers.

Actually, if you read the latest guidance it says that people should stay 2 metres apart WHERE POSSIBLE.


The World Health Organisation recommend just 1 metre apart....the 2 metre thing was what our government plucked out of a hat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18260
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
I refused passengers yesterday because the refused to use hand sanitiser.

What is the matter with these people? ](*,)

But did they walk or did another cab/PH take them?
The dad refused first and said [edited by admin] it then, I'll walk. Then the kid threw a paddy but dad wouldn't come back and take the kid so I told mum that it was company policy but another company may take them and we unloaded the shopping.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group