Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:19 am
Posts: 208
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black- ... p-18403890


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:10 pm 
Online

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:32 pm
Posts: 305
All councils should sign up to this scheme. There are some real bad people who want taxi licenses that have been banned elsewhere. This job is perfect for legitimising illgotten gains .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 46134
Location: 1066 Country
cheshirebest wrote:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/banned-taxi-drivers-setting-up-18403890

No one can disagree with the database of naughty drivers, but I wonder if medically effected drivers are on that list. :-k

Clearly naughty drivers can go f*** themselves, but if someone has had their license removed under health grounds it would be a bit mean putting them on any forbidden list.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14527
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
cheshirebest wrote:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/banned-taxi-drivers-setting-up-18403890

No one can disagree with the database of naughty drivers, but I wonder if medically effected drivers are on that list. :-k

Clearly naughty drivers can go f*** themselves, but if someone has had their license removed under health grounds it would be a bit mean putting them on any forbidden list.



:-k So you would be happy for a driver to be refused their license in one area on medical grounds go and get it in another then say black out and kill a few pedestrians in a crowded city shopping area. Low and behold it's all over the gutter press about one council turning it down and there is a massive campaign to get such drivers put on a national database #-o

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:07 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 46134
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
So you would be happy for a driver to be refused their license in one area on medical grounds

May come as a surprise to you but people do recover from various illnesses. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18333
I was surprissed to see that Wolverhampton had signed up to it.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:08 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 1999
Sussex wrote:
Quote:
So you would be happy for a driver to be refused their license in one area on medical grounds

May come as a surprise to you but people do recover from various illnesses. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


If a driver is refused on medical grounds goes on the list,when he recovers he would have to put a medical pass form into what L/A he applies to for a new license so it is irrelevant whether he is on the list or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14527
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Quote:
So you would be happy for a driver to be refused their license in one area on medical grounds

May come as a surprise to you but people do recover from various illnesses. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


If a driver is refused on medical grounds goes on the list,when he recovers he would have to put a medical pass form into what L/A he applies to for a new license so it is irrelevant whether he is on the list or not.



assuming the driver is honest about it :wink: if he's not on a database how would they know if he didn't declare

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 6201
edders23 wrote:
assuming the driver is honest about it :wink: if he's not on a database how would they know if he didn't declare

Heathcote is correct if the new LA requires a Group 2 medical (or even any kind of medical), but if the council only requires self-declaration then you're correct.

Quote:
Clearly naughty drivers can go f*** themselves, but if someone has had their license removed under health grounds it would be a bit mean putting them on any forbidden list.

Ditto above - it's not a 'forbidden' list, strictly speaking, because there's nothing illegal about one LA refusing a driver but another LA approving him.

Seems to me more LAs getting the full information so they can properly assess an application, and it helps prevent non-disclosure and outright misrepresentation.

And it stands to reason that if an applicant is rejected by one LA, then applies to another, he'll be more tempted to leave vital information out, or whatever. Hence the database.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: heathcote, youbeenbusy and 60 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group