Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:49 pm 

Sussex wrote:
See the Chancellor has extended the furlough scheme for another month until April.

Now we don't have a clue what % we will get, or when we will get it, but at least we will get something.

Not everyone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:25 pm 

Sussex wrote:
See the Chancellor has extended the furlough scheme for another month until April.

Now we don't have a clue what % we will get, or when we will get it, but at least we will get something.

But the SEISS had been allocated for Feb/March/April some time ago anyway, it was just a question of the %age?

But I'm assuming it'll be quite high - presumably another 80%.

Was reading earlier that some experts are predicting a fifth grant, while others say the fourth one will be the last.

Given what's happening I wouldn't rule out a fifth grant, but maybe quite a low one like 20-40% [-o<

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:29 pm 

Does anyone think that the latest tax returns will be taken into consideration after the end of Jan?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:42 pm 

grandad wrote:
Does anyone think that the latest tax returns will be taken into consideration after the end of Jan?

Be very surprised if they did take it into account.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:48 pm 

grandad wrote:

Certainly possible - after all, the figures would be more up to date, and maybe those who missed out earlier would now be included (although I can't recall the precises rules in that regard).

On the other hand, not sure if HMRC would be able to process all the info from the new tax returns in time to process the next payment.

Whether that would help or hinder us individually is another matter though, and would obviously depend on your individual figures.

Don't think my numbers are a whole lot different from previous years, though, but I'll have to look it up #-o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:50 pm 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

Be very surprised if they did take it into account.

Yes, despite what I said, if I had to put money on it I'd guess they'd just use the existing figures. Maybe different for the more recently self-employed, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16