Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6755
firstly congratulations for those responsible for todays judgement ........................i wonder who introduced them to Leigh Day the GMBPDB's lawyers??


Next the top honcho at UBER has said we want to hear the drivers views on this....................so the ACDU should in my view immediately instigate a recognition agreement procedure and force UBER too negotiate with their Union they should walk the ballot as the GMBPDB did at Tristar and then have members meetings to decide policy's and strategy's to deal with this company who lets face it are prime for plucking at the moment :badgrin:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

PS GMPDB GMB PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS BRANCH
:

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:58 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: Plymouth
I was just wondering what the "PS" stands for?

:lol: :lol:

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 15232
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Chris the Fish wrote:
I was just wondering what the "PS" stands for?

:lol: :lol:



politburo stalinist ?

seriously though it sounds as if Uber are going to do what councils do and provide a fake consultation and then do what they always do and find a way for the drivers themselves to pay for benefits

1) Insurance policy to cover sickness premiums paid by drivers of course

2) Savings scheme for holidays all out of drivers takings of course

3) get the drivers to set up their own pension policies (driver funded)

4) Adjust the app so drivers are not officially on except when they accept a fare

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:23 pm
Posts: 4343
Location: Lincoln
edders23 wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:
I was just wondering what the "PS" stands for?

:lol: :lol:



politburo stalinist ?

seriously though it sounds as if Uber are going to do what councils do and provide a fake consultation and then do what they always do and find a way for the drivers themselves to pay for benefits

1) Insurance policy to cover sickness premiums paid by drivers of course

2) Savings scheme for holidays all out of drivers takings of course

3) get the drivers to set up their own pension policies (driver funded)

4) Adjust the app so drivers are not officially on except when they accept a fare


Don’t get too smug, edders, this will filter down to the likes of you, eventually. How many drivers do you “employ”

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 15232
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:
I was just wondering what the "PS" stands for?

:lol: :lol:



politburo stalinist ?

seriously though it sounds as if Uber are going to do what councils do and provide a fake consultation and then do what they always do and find a way for the drivers themselves to pay for benefits

1) Insurance policy to cover sickness premiums paid by drivers of course

2) Savings scheme for holidays all out of drivers takings of course

3) get the drivers to set up their own pension policies (driver funded)

4) Adjust the app so drivers are not officially on except when they accept a fare


Don’t get too smug, edders, this will filter down to the likes of you, eventually. How many drivers do you “employ”


None my drivers have always been permitted to take work from other sources and to choose their hours and as they pay very little in board rent and no commission on work obtained etc.

I have always said that if push comes to shove and the law is changed I would either sell up or go to being a one man band or both

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:00 pm
Posts: 6
If as seems probable Uber does not agree to a recognition agreement, the union must get 10% of the workforce to agree - this seems difficult in the PHV industry?
Advice?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 47237
Location: 1066 Country
richardjay wrote:
If as seems probable Uber does not agree to a recognition agreement, the union must get 10% of the workforce to agree - this seems difficult in the PHV industry?
Advice?

Getting any sort of driver collaboration in this trade is/has always been a difficult task, but nothing stopping drivers individually joining a union to allow that union to undertake a mass claim against a company.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:12 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 18617
edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:
I was just wondering what the "PS" stands for?

:lol: :lol:



politburo stalinist ?

seriously though it sounds as if Uber are going to do what councils do and provide a fake consultation and then do what they always do and find a way for the drivers themselves to pay for benefits

1) Insurance policy to cover sickness premiums paid by drivers of course

2) Savings scheme for holidays all out of drivers takings of course

3) get the drivers to set up their own pension policies (driver funded)

4) Adjust the app so drivers are not officially on except when they accept a fare


Don’t get too smug, edders, this will filter down to the likes of you, eventually. How many drivers do you “employ”


None my drivers have always been permitted to take work from other sources and to choose their hours and as they pay very little in board rent and no commission on work obtained etc.

I have always said that if push comes to shove and the law is changed I would either sell up or go to being a one man band or both

So you "employ them every time the do a job for you. That would mean that they are workers for part of their time and you would be responsible to pay them the minimum wage pro rata.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6755
richardjay wrote:
If as seems probable Uber does not agree to a recognition agreement, the union must get 10% of the workforce to agree - this seems difficult in the PHV industry?
Advice?

Richard there is of course a legal route for a Union recognition agreement which any Union can instigate Uber would seem to me to be vulnerable to workers going down that route given the latest developments............................but of course that route has been open to workers ever since Uber appeared, but this latest malarky just assists the Drivers in their task in my view! However i fully expect the current regulations to be dismantled by Bo Jo's thugs very shortly.

Any new agreement would of course allow the Drivers to negotiate a full dismissal rights procedure and more than 28 days paid holiday within their Terms and conditions
nothing to lose is there remember the CEO has said we want to know what all drivers views are ..................well now they can ensure that the organised workers will tell him .................................remember industrial action by workers is not subject to the TORY ANTI URION REGS :badg

i THINK UBER OR THEIR IMITATORS COULD GET A GOOD KICKING IF AND IITS A BIG IF THE WORKERS GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER =D>

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 216
Quote:
''However i fully expect the current regulations to be dismantled by Bo Jo's thugs very shortly''.


I remember when uber first appeared in London BoJo was then mayor of London and did his best to reign in uber and make them follow rules,regulations and laws.
It was cameron and the then chancellor osborne who told BoJo to back off.
Let us wait and see how it goes from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEXT FOR UBER
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 37016
Location: Wayneistan
cheshirebest wrote:
I remember when uber first appeared in London BoJo was then mayor of London and did his best to reign in uber and make them follow rules,regulations and laws.
It was cameron and the then chancellor osborne who told BoJo to back off.
Let us wait and see how it goes from here.


Im not too old to remember that :D

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group